Author Topic: Hello from the Isle of Wight  (Read 3062 times)

guest4280

Hello from the Isle of Wight
« on: September 17, 2013, 04:44:23 PM »
Hi to all you Jazz owners out there.

Great to discover there is a forum for like minded owners where you can discuss Jazz related topics.
This is my first Jazz which I purchased in March 2013 it is a late 2009 1.4i EX in deep violet with 5k recoded miles!
I have been driving since 1966 and this is my first Honda. I am very pleased with the car now but in the first few days of ownership found the drivers seat to be uncomfortable, if driving for any length of time.
A very firm backrest and lack of lumber support being the problem.
Fortunately the seat covers are zipped on so I unzipped the rear panel and removed the hard plastic plate which I replaced with a narrower item to which I fixed a piece of high density foam shaped to form a lumber curve.
I also raised the front seat supports by 5mm using spacers so that the whole the seat cushion was supporting my legs. Result..... nice comfortable seat for a lanky old git.
I also added some bling, a chrome front grill, chrome spot light covers and a chrome tailgate streamer to personalise the car a little. Now very happy with the Jazz, very versatile and great to drive.

Bye for now, happy Jazz motoring

[attachment deleted by admin]

guest2662

• Topic Starter
Re: Hello from the Isle of Wight
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 06:00:06 PM »
welcome you lanky old git, hope you have many miles of trouble free motoring. ;)

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
Re: Hello from the Isle of Wight
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 09:19:52 AM »
Hello and welcome  8)

Be interesting to see some pics of what you've done to your seats.

Seen/heard some members mention about the seating position so this may help others

Gary

Tags: