Author Topic: Air temperature when heater set to cold  (Read 7883 times)

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
Re: Air temperature when heater set to cold
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2017, 06:51:26 PM »
I checked the silver metal air con pipes ,after the car had warmed up, and they were warm where they entered the bulkhead.
its not going to matter much as the weather will be getting colder but will get it checked out next year.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2017, 08:02:30 PM »
Question. At the present time, October, with the air con switched off, is the air coming in to the car warm? I do not have air con on my Jazz, and with the heater set to Blue, the incoming air is cold.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2017, 08:30:17 PM »
Question. At the present time, October, with the air con switched off, is the air coming in to the car warm? I do not have air con on my Jazz, and with the heater set to Blue, the incoming air is cold.

I am bordering on thinking this thread is a wind up. It is a heater and aircon with a temperature control knob. How more simple can it get?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2017, 08:36:50 PM »
I am bordering on thinking this thread is a wind up. It is a heater and aircon with a temperature control knob. How more simple can it get?
Personally I think the heater cable has slipped, so it is always set for Hot.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2017, 08:50:16 PM »
Personally I think the heater cable has slipped, so it is always set for Hot.

I suggested the air blending flap cable in the second post in this thread. The heater a simple system, it either works or doesn't. There can't be much wrong with Edam's car, he is living with the problem until next year.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 08:58:06 PM by Deeps »

edam

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2017, 09:09:14 AM »

Its not a wind up.
Should you not get cold air when the temperature control is set to its coldest setting?

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2017, 09:35:08 AM »
Should you not get cold air when the temperature control is set to its coldest setting?
Depends. When the temperature control is set to it's lowest (blue) setting, that means the heater shouldn't be doing any heating and if the A/C is off you're not getting any cooling either. So the air coming from the vents should be at the ambient (outside) temperature ... if it's cold outside, you'll be getting cold air coming in, and if it's warm outside you'll be getting warm air in. At this time of year, assuming you're not in a hot part of the world, and with the A/C selected OFF (ie green light not showing on the A/C button), then you should detect noticeably cool air from the vents. If it's warm, then as others have suggested there's probably a minor fault somewhere, possibly associated with the mechanical control cables.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2017, 03:24:39 PM »
I checked the silver metal air con pipes ,after the car had warmed up, and they were warm where they entered the bulkhead.
its not going to matter much as the weather will be getting colder but will get it checked out next year.

Don't try that with the aircon on, one pipe will be hot enough to burn you, the other will be cold enough for you to stick to it and get a freeze burn.

Tags: