Author Topic: carpet locating pegs  (Read 20329 times)

guest5589

Re: carpet locating pegs
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 12:20:52 PM »
I think these are Honda genuine accessories. Although I could be wrong.

IMG_20150525_182541_579 by macplaxton, on Flickr

Bottom right hand corner of matt has holes to locate it.

IMG_20150525_182554_360 by macplaxton, on Flickr

T-plate with location posts is fixed to the floor under the plastic cover at the front outside seat runner.

I've got a SB dated 12/12/2006:

Aftermarket Carpet Mat Caution
Dear All,

In relation with the customer satisfaction survey organized by Honda and independent organizations, it has come to our attention that Honda customers are increasingly complaining about floor carpets that are not properly fixed in the drivers foot area, resulting in situations where the function of the pedals are restricted.

Such dangerous situations can result in reduced brake performance or situations where customer needs to pull back the floor mat while driving, to assure the proper performance of the brake, accelerator or clutch pedals.

Research has shown that this complaint is mainly coming from customers who have aftermarket floor mats fitted by their Dealer. These aftermarket mats do not have any fixation points to secure them in the car.

In view of this, we want to point out that the usage of such carpets may endanger the image of the Honda brand and that in the event of an accident caused by the moving of the floor mat, the liability rests entirely with the dealership who sold/fitted these carpets.

We therefore strongly advice to use only Honda genuine carpets.

I bought some Genuine mats for my GD along with the holding bracket but how on earth do you take the plastic cover off the seat's mount? I have tried my best using trim tools but it didn't move an inch.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 09:40:11 AM »
Its just clipped on.

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 10:22:07 PM »
I just picked up a mat retaining clip if anyone wants it.
--
TG

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 11:43:47 PM »
Its just clipped on.
Used a flat screwdriver and managed to take it off.
I have some unwanted mats if anyone wants them. A bit faded though

Desigan-Jazz-JHMGD1

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz GD - 2005 - L13A iDSI
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2024, 12:04:10 PM »
Hello Eddie Honda

Thank you for posting this. I am from South Africa and unable to source this T - Piece to hold my original Jazz floor mat in place.

Please can you post a picture / dimensions of the T Piece ( Part no 08P15-SAA-50010), so that I may have a mate fabricate one from metal for me.

Thank you

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2024, 01:02:23 PM »
Hello Eddie Honda

Thank you for posting this. I am from South Africa and unable to source this T - Piece to hold my original Jazz floor mat in place.

Please can you post a picture / dimensions of the T Piece ( Part no 08P15-SAA-50010), so that I may have a mate fabricate one from metal for me.

Thank you

I'll see if I can take some pictures and measurements later.

Desigan-Jazz-JHMGD1

• Registered Member
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2024, 04:28:05 PM »
Your help with this is greatly appreciated.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2024, 04:37:14 AM »
Sorry for the delay in replying. I have now remembered to do this. Apologies for the dirty carpet!

Carefully remove plastic cover on outer seat rail. In the picture, above and below the hex bolt head, you can see the two lugs which the plastic cover grips on to with corresponding rectangular holes.

The T-piece sits behind the rail and is secured by a Phillips pan head machine screw which I think is M6 x 10mm.

The long part with the pegs measures 157mm

The width is 25mm

The leg is positioned at 77mm to 107mm, so 30mm wide.

The leg is about 60mm long in total, the bend starts about 35mm away from the long piece and has an approximately 45° angle.

The square nut is welded to the back of the plate to hold it. The steel is around 1 mm thick sheet.

The pegs are mm apart and they stick up about mm. [Forgot to measure these, will add them in later]

Hope this enough information for you to make one. If you need any more, let me know.

Desigan-Jazz-JHMGD1

• Registered Member
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2024, 03:51:33 PM »
Wonderful! Thank you so much for your life-saving help! Literally! There have been a few occasions where my original Jazz mat (with the two carpet holes), slipped and either pressed down on the accelerator or got stuck on the brake pedal.

I will post a pic of it when I am done with making it.

Thank you again and bless you for going the extra mile with getting me the measurements and photos.

PS. Awaiting dimensions of the pins (height and diameter). Cheers!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 04:33:19 PM by Desigan-Jazz-JHMGD1 »

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2024, 04:10:30 PM »
I'm about to scrap my GD. Not sure what the postage is to SA and if that would be less than having something made, but I am happy to remove this piece and send it to you if you cover my costs.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2024, 05:34:07 PM »
Pins are 136mm apart, 6mm diameter, extend 20mm above the plate (the tops are mushroomed to 8mm). Centres are 10mm in from the ends of the plate.

Desigan-Jazz-JHMGD1

• Registered Member
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2024, 06:24:20 PM »
Cheers! Thanks again for the help with this!

Desigan-Jazz-JHMGD1

• Registered Member
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2024, 06:31:35 PM »
Not a valid %s URL
I'm about to scrap my GD. Not sure what the postage is to SA and if that would be less than having something made, but I am happy to remove this piece and send it to you if you cover my costs.

Thank you for your offer. I really do appreciate it, but DHL quoted me £45.95! A mate of mine will fabricate one for me, with the help of Eddie-Honda's dimensions and pictures.

Cheers

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2024, 07:58:02 AM »
Seeing how the fixing works in principle  is a great help.  .A T piece spanning the location Holes ,plus a piece extending to a fixing point on the seat runner  . Having measurements  helps if you want to fabricate a T shaped replica without reference to the car and mat, and manage to get the positionings accurate.

But I'd have said its a much simpler diy job to simply lay  a strip of metal or heavy duty plastic,maybe an inch   or 3cm wide,  between the two holes on the carpet, and use these as a template to drill two holes in  strip to install the fixing posts . The posts could be self tapping screws, or small bolts   with the carpet secured by nuts,maybe wing nuts. 

Then drill a hole near the end of a similar strip for fixing to the seat runner, and with the car mat in position with its strip, mark where the strips cross as a T, and drill a hole in both to fix them together.      Simpler to make and using the actual car and mat as an accurate template.   The principle could be adapted to other cars and other brands of mat.

I dont think the fixing studs need to be  particularly sturdy.  The studs on my Mk 4 are plastic and attached  solely by sliding  through pre  cut slots in the  factory fitted carpeting  ..  Its  just the  carpet that holds the studs in position, not sturdy metal plates.    Maybe with some ingenuity this same method could be adapted for the mk1.   
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 08:08:46 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags: