Author Topic: Can you turn the touchscreen off ?  (Read 14098 times)

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: Can you turn the touchscreen off ?
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2018, 02:07:16 PM »
Oh dear.....

Oh dear indeed. I am used to using specific subject fora where free flowing discussions and thread drift is encouraged. It benefits all but the narrow minded and so long as the general forum is not disrupted it can improve the knowledge of many people and increase forum traffic. I have certainly learned about things other than the Jazz from this site, usually on a general motoring theme but also on phones, Bluetooth, their interface with the tablet type gadget, etc.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 04:09:44 PM by Skyrider »

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2018, 05:49:00 PM »
Well now, that seems to have touched a nerve and I’m not entirely sure why. A question was asked and it was answered, really not sure why that’s been interpreted as some sort of pseudo-moderator activity.

But since the subject of off-topic discussion has been raised, this particular part of the forum is supposed to be about the Mk3 Jazz, and this specific thread was started to discuss a particular feature of the touch screen. There are other parts of the forum intended for more general free-flowing discussion about other topics (eg “Off topic - non Honda”) so why not use them to discuss stuff like Toyota recalls and reliable cars in Australia rather than adding them within a thread with a very specific subject ? Puts tin hat on and ducks ...

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2018, 11:46:46 AM »
I see Toyota are having to recall 2.4 million hybrid cars, worldwide. Prius and Auris models. About 55 thousand are in the UK.
A fault in their systems that could cause them to lose power

The fault has only been reported on three cars, all in Japan, it will be fixed with a software patch.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-6242931/Toyota-recalls-2-4-million-hybrid-cars-stalling-problems.html

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2018, 12:51:39 PM »
It's still a recall. Tesla would do it seamlessly by Wi-Fi!

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2018, 01:09:48 PM »
It's still a recall. Tesla would do it seamlessly by Wi-Fi!

Good job I haven't got, don't want, or can afford one. I have already seen queues at charging points at motorway service areas, I would have filled up and travelled 300 miles before some of the electric cars had charged up with 100 ish miles worth of electricery.

Tags: