Author Topic: Engine noise at 2000rpm  (Read 2388 times)

guest4848

Engine noise at 2000rpm
« on: June 15, 2014, 05:47:50 PM »
Hi, I'm hoping someone will be able to shed some light on this for me. I bought a 2009 Jazz SE 1.2 back in Feb and I've since noticed a strange, almost rattling like noise from the engine whenever I open the throttle and push through 1800-2200rpm. I only seem to notice it at higher torque, usually 4/5th gear. The car otherwise performs perfectly and has no other issues that I know of. Is this just a Jazz quirk or maybe something to be concerned about?

Thanks in advance
Stuart

guest6294

• Topic Starter
Re: Engine noise at 2000rpm
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 01:00:00 PM »
Hi mate have you heard anything about the noise. My jazz is exactly the same. I thought it was pinking at first but now suspect gearbox or clutch. I know you posted awhile a go but I have just come across it. Cheers.

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
Re: Engine noise at 2000rpm
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 04:10:09 PM »

If it is the same symptom you describe, I have a similar issue. Only happens around 2,000RPM ish and only under load. In other words, sitting on the driveway and revving the engine to 2,000RPM does not cause the 'rattle'. I thought it was the heatshield but it seems fine. The car did have problem with some gravel being stuck between the shield and the pipe which caused vibration but they reckon they fixed that. However, I spoke with a Honda dealership and it seems there is also another heatshield 'over to the left'. We concluded it could be some sort of harmonic resonance. Not sure where this other heatshield is exactly but I will have a look next time it is up on a ramp.

Tags: