Author Topic: 1st service at 12 months (5 and a bit thousand miles) - question(s)  (Read 1977 times)

ronnie69

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz
Howdy,
Left this a bit late to ask as it’s going in tomorrow, but nothing ventured nothing gained. 2018 registered (2017 model) 1.3 (or 1.4?) manual 6 speed on contract hire. Honda Contract Hire have confirmed that an independent may service it provided it’s vat registered and they use genuine Honda parts and fluids.

Main dealer wanted £210 to £225 for annual service. Local independent with an excellent reputation will do it for much less although I don’t have a confirmed quote yet (will get it in the morning but I know it will be very reasonable).

Anyhoo, indy said just needs oil and filter and a check over. I found myself in the unusual position of looking for more for him to do. Can’t find in the manual or online a list of what is actually checked on a 1st 12 month service. The manual lists what is necessary for extreme conditions where the car doesn’t come with a service book (v hot, v cold, v dusty, etc) but doesn’t appear to list what is checked for ‘normal’ (albeit low mileage) driving.

Manual also lists what is needed for variable servicing which seems pointless when presumably the onboard computer will tell you, but there we are. This car deffo doesn’t have variable servicing.

Anyone able to fill me in / point me in the right direction?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
Re: 1st service at 12 months (5 and a bit thousand miles) - question(s)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 08:47:44 PM »
just get it done at the dealer, makes things easier if you get a problem on the car also better for trade in but trade in wont effect you on contract hire

you can ask the dealer to turn off the maintenance reminder screen on the car and then go onto the 12 month 12500 miles service plan, i had it turned off on my old jazz but forgot on my current one, i will be asking the mechanic to turn it off when i go for my first service in september

dont forget to get your service book stamped especially as in your case it is contract hire and they will charge you when you hand the car back without service stamps in the book
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 08:50:05 PM by monkeydave »

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 09:09:53 PM »
Found this list of you get with a Honda service

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/0-3-years-old.html

ronnie69

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 09:52:27 PM »
just get it done at the dealer, makes things easier if you get a problem on the car also better for trade in but trade in wont effect you on contract hire

you can ask the dealer to turn off the maintenance reminder screen on the car and then go onto the 12 month 12500 miles service plan, i had it turned off on my old jazz but forgot on my current one, i will be asking the mechanic to turn it off when i go for my first service in september

dont forget to get your service book stamped especially as in your case it is contract hire and they will charge you when you hand the car back without service stamps in the book

Already booked for tomorrow at the indy and not left enough time for me to get it done in time at main dealer even if I wanted to (which I don't).

Weirdly, the handbook says that all Hondas come with onboard computer based service indicators (which our car doesn't have) unless the handbook is stamped to say otherwise (which it isn't). As such there is no onscreen reminder to turn off.

I'll get the book stamped and an itemised invoice to keep Honda happy - and I'm anal about paperwork anyway.

Many thanks - very useful and also reminds me that I am a blithering idiot - I've looked at that page (albeit while looking for something else) so should have remembered it. Printed to take with me tomorrow - great stuff, thanks again.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 11:33:45 PM »
you can reset the maintenance reminder yourself, just go scroll through the screen on the right till you get to the options

maybe the car has had the maintenenance reminder turned off completely at the pdi if you cant see it on the screen
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 11:35:45 PM by monkeydave »

ronnie69

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 03:28:43 PM »

Any idea what a “TRK” is, the “expiration” date for which the servicing garage should check - according to Mr Honda’s website?

Same applies to checking the battery and recording “midtronics result”?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 03:43:44 PM »

Any idea what a “TRK” is, the “expiration” date for which the servicing garage should check - according to Mr Honda’s website?

Same applies to checking the battery and recording “midtronics result”?

Is that the tyre repair kit ( the gunk has an expiry date ).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 04:22:08 PM »
“midtronics result”?
There are various computer checks they carry out which appears to tell them what they want to know. I assume that is what this is.

eagle123

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 se gd series
Midtronics is a battery tester to check the health state of the battery by discharging and recharging and measuring the voltage and current amps.
A printout is then shown the health status of the battery

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Tags: