Author Topic: New to us Gen 3 Jazz SE  (Read 3678 times)

orcadian

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz SE
Re: New to us Gen 3 Jazz SE
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2018, 12:38:29 PM »
Hi Paul,
Yes same dealership, even the Head salesman said he had sold the car new to the Gent who passed away, so one owner, just the dealership name changed when they were taken over - same premises though!

Ian

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2018, 08:35:25 PM »
Yes same dealership, even the Head salesman said he had sold the car new to the Gent who passed away, so one owner, just the dealership name changed when they were taken over - same premises though!

I guess they could still say it was either not filled in at the beginning, or it was replaced early on, or maybe they will admit to replacing it when it was sold back to them. If the latter is the case and they have indeed used different stamps, it does smell of fakery, rather than simple replacement.

However, unless you can get an admission, or you can somehow determine the age of the service books, it won't be easy to prove anything either way.

orcadian

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2018, 11:19:07 AM »
Can’t do anything until Monday as the salesman is away,  I don’t think Mother Honda would be pleased with any scenario they could put forward - not filled in from new, then not checked on resale OR replaced and stamped with previous name stamp.
Ian

orcadian

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2019, 01:38:33 PM »
Happy New Year to one and all,
Just a quick update on the service book; finally got to talk to people at the Dealers with my concerns, after speaking to his colleagues, the salesman assured me that it was not a made up copy but definitely the original.  So why is there no vehicle info, PDI stamp and signature in the book?  ‘Must have been overlooked’ says he.  WHAT! TWICE!  was my reply.  Anyway, he wanted me to send it back to them, which I declined and said I would take it in when I next have a trip down there as I couldn’t trust them to make sure sure I got it back safely, they might forget to address the envelope (yes, perhaps a bit sarcastic).  I know I should just let the matter drop but feel like sending it Honda for them to fill in the details from their computer and hopefully play hell with the dealer.

Any thoughts?

Ian
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 02:45:51 PM by orcadian »

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2019, 07:19:38 PM »
finally got to talk to people at the Dealers with my concerns, after speaking to his colleagues, the salesman assured me that it was not a made up copy but definitely the original.  So why is there no vehicle info, PDI stamp and signature in the book?  ‘Must have been overlooked’ says he.  WHAT! TWICE!  was my reply.

Well, I'm not surprised, although I'm not really sure how the can be so sure that it 'definitely the original'. Although it's most unsatisfactory for you, it's hard to prove otherwise, and probably does happen on a regular basis. That said, service records are also faked on a regular basis too, so it will always look suspect.

If it really bothers you, and I suspect it does, a carefully worded letter to Honda CS might be worthwhile. I would certainly repeat the assurances given to you by the dealership, and the explanation they have given, expressing your disappointment that a Honda dealership can be so lax as to allow a car to be sold new with a completely blank service book, and no evidence of a PDI.

It would be interesting to see if Honda simply instructed the dealership to fill in the missing bits, or say that it can't be altered. The missing PDI should be on the computer record, and I would also like to see the rest of the information recorded against the car, to make sure it all tallies with the incomplete service book you have.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 07:34:42 PM by sparky Paul »

orcadian

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2019, 09:40:57 PM »
Hello again Paul,
This situation only confirms my long held opinions of car dealers - even the large franchised ones and I still cannot really see a good outcome.  If I let them enter the details in my book and stamp the PDI page, that stamp will show their present name, whereas the first service has the original name and the service carried before purchase has the new name.  So much for an ‘Approved’ used car.  I always chuckle to myself when I see the term ‘Guaranteed Used Cars’. Yes, they can guarantee they have been used!
Think Honda should pass judgement on this one but I’ll inform the Dealer of my intention.

Ian

Tags:

anything