Author Topic: EX or SE? 2016 Jazz help needed  (Read 4075 times)

ozz

• Registered Member
EX or SE? 2016 Jazz help needed
« on: July 30, 2018, 09:59:16 AM »
Hello,
New member here! Made a basic search but could find an answer so here I ask:

Last weekend I test drove a 2016 Jazz Elegance. I believe it corresponds to EX trim level.
But I suspect that it could be Comfort (SE) trim level because it didnt have keyless entry or start.

What is the difference between SE and EX trims?
and also is it possible to search for trim level with vehicle identification number (VIN)?

Cheers

Ozzy

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
Re: EX or SE? 2016 Jazz help needed
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 11:06:58 AM »
I suppose trim levels may vary from country to country.  However, I have the 2016 SE version in the UK and the brochure specifies the extras in EX as:  keyless entry; leather steering wheel and gear knob; climate control; rear view camera; passenger one-touch window operation; accessory socket centre console; passenger seat height adjustment; 6 speakers; rear privacy glass; front fog lights; 16" wheels (a disadvantage in my view).  Overall, I didn't think the extra cost was worth it for me, although I would like climate control and the rear view camera!

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 03:51:00 PM »
I've grown to like keyless entry and it would be a requirement on any future vehicle I bought. A slightly better implementation would be nice though - having to put my fingers through the door handle for half a second is still a bit irksome. It'd be better if it unlocked on approach. Climate control has been a personal requirement on new vehicles for several years now. Rear view camera would also be a requirement (with the car position indication) now that I've got used to it. The 16" wheels are indeed not a positive point but I'm used to them and they don't add all that much to the cost of new tyres. Likewise the privacy glass - I think it makes cars look silly and is unnecessary.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 06:09:42 PM »
I am glad we are given a choice, I think the gadgets you mention are totally unnecessary and I am pleased that the sport model is basically an SE with a better engine and LED headlights. Which makes it a vast improvement on my SE.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 06:18:36 PM »
It's a no brainer for me.  I would not buy a car without climate control and a rear view camera.  My wife also appreciates the passenger seat height adjustment.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 06:48:38 PM »
A reversing camera dumbs down car control skills, van and lorry drivers use mirrors, which are perfectly adequate if you know how to use them.

guest4871

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 08:14:48 PM »
How do you use them then?

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 08:44:45 PM »
You can see the sides of a vehicle with the door mirrors so you can place your vehicle accurately (within inches) when reversing near obstacles. You should be able to place your vehicle as accurately moving in reverse as you can moving forwards if you are a half decent driver.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 08:48:44 PM by Skyrider »

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 09:02:00 PM »
A reversing camera dumbs down car control skills, van and lorry drivers use mirrors, which are perfectly adequate if you know how to use them.
I'm not a lorry driver but I do use my mirrors.  I guess we can't all be perfect drivers.  But at least some of us are willing to see it and as you get older that is half the battle.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 09:05:55 PM »
We used to have to park the buses at night by reversing into a narrow gap. A couple of inches between mirrors was all the room you had. It is actually easier to reverse a long vehicle than a short one.
I really learned how to reverse on mirrors, later, when I was a van driver in the motor trade. I would deliver to a dealer and  perhaps had a 200 yard drive though tightly parked, pre-registered, cars to get to the stores entrance. It was then necessary to reverse back out, with only inches to spare, between all these brand new, expensive motors. As long as there was daylight between your van and the surrounding cars you were okay. Secret was knowing where your rear wheels were. Obviously you had to check that no one had driven in behind you, but you did that before getting in the cab.
Now the only practise I get is reversing into my garage, where I have to place the car tight against one wall so that I can get the driver's door open sufficiently to get my large frame out! Jazz is a bit easier than the Volvo was!!

« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:11:05 PM by Jocko »

ozz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 09:12:15 PM »
Thanks for all the replies. I think it is an SE then.

I dont know if I can share the link here but here it is: https://www.blocket.se/stockholm/Honda_Jazz_1_33_100hk_Elegance_80096212.htm?aw=1

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2018, 09:53:53 PM »
Where I think a camera would be helpful is assessing how far away you are from whatever is behind you.  I find the sensors not too good when reversing towards bushes etc, which means I can find myself too close to access the boot without trapping greenery when closing it!  Mirrors don't give this information.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2018, 09:55:27 PM »
Thanks for all the replies. I think it is an SE then.

I dont know if I can share the link here but here it is: https://www.blocket.se/stockholm/Honda_Jazz_1_33_100hk_Elegance_80096212.htm?aw=1

The car in the link has got UK SE wheels and a UK spec EX would have front fog lights.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2018, 10:07:10 PM »
Where I think a camera would be helpful is assessing how far away you are from whatever is behind you.  I find the sensors not too good when reversing towards bushes etc, which means I can find myself too close to access the boot without trapping greenery when closing it!  Mirrors don't give this information.

It is not too difficult to figure out where the back of your car is, the car you are parking next to is a good indication, depending on its size, if you stop with the door mirrors alongside the mirrors of the next car the back of a Jazz will usually be clear of the end of the parking bay. There are other visual clues you can use. If parralel parking you can sometimes see both ends of your car reflected in shop windows for example.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2018, 08:18:39 AM »
Or you can be a good driver and use all the aids that your vehicle provides. A reversing camera gives useful additional information and if it has graphics on it indicating where the vehicle is heading it becomes a very powerful tool. You've obviously never reversed a vehicle that had the facility otherwise you wouldn't be so critical of it.

Tags: