Author Topic: A Favorable Honda Jazz Road Test Review For Once  (Read 5087 times)

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
A Favorable Honda Jazz Road Test Review For Once
« on: July 03, 2018, 08:41:30 AM »
I can't believe it, I have actually found a Road Tester apart from Honest John who likes the Honda Jazz.

https://www.money4yourmotors.com/car-reviews/10870/honda/honda-jazz
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 08:43:02 AM by Barcam »

donerkebab

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE
Re: A Favorable Honda Jazz Road Test Review For Once
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 04:09:25 PM »
Maybe just me but I cannot find this ECO mode button than the reviewer is on about.....see them in Renault though

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 04:23:06 PM »
He doesn't refer to an Eco button but the backlight on the speedometer that turns green when you are at the economy sweet spot. The 67 plate SE, I had on loan, had that. I had to look it up, on the internet, to see what it meant.

donerkebab

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 04:56:04 PM »
Ah ok I do notice it going green around the speedo - didnt realise what it meant

mcderd

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi CVT
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 06:41:19 PM »
He says "changes the backlight colour of the speedometer from white to green" actually it has two shades of blue and one of green.

Dark blue (least economical)
Light blue (better)
Green (most economical)

Not sure where he got white from?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 06:48:53 PM »
He says "changes the backlight colour of the speedometer from white to green" actually it has two shades of blue and one of green.

Light blue (better)
Green (most economical)

IMHO......

red for least economical,
orange for better 
green for most economical

would be much more intuitive.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 06:52:53 PM »
Curiously, he suggests the cvt is only useful for urban use.  I find the low revs of the cvt at motorway speeds is a great asset.  Another curiosity in the review is the word "feelsome" about the steering - I've never seen this word before!

guest6630

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 07:00:03 PM »
Do you know you can change the colours on this l am sure it goes from orange or pink to purple.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 08:04:57 PM »

Light blue (better)
Green (most economical)

Mine has two shades of both. Dark blue, light blue, light green and bright green.

For what it's worth though it's only the latest iteration of something that every Honda I've owned has had. The Jazz is the first I've seen with such a 'fancy' colour scheme but they've always had some kind of indicator. Previous models (going back to my first Honda a 6th gen Civic) had a green 'Eco' indicator.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 08:08:20 PM by andruec »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 09:19:06 PM »
For what it's worth though it's only the latest iteration of something that every Honda I've owned has had.
The Mk 1 Jazz doesn't have anything, at least not on the S. Would be handy for some.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 09:22:29 PM »
I didn't realise they went green, mine are usually shades of blue, often dark blue. :-)

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 09:34:55 PM »
I get the impression that the tester did not drive a 1.3.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 09:37:17 PM by Skyrider »

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 09:36:05 PM »
For what it's worth though it's only the latest iteration of something that every Honda I've owned has had.
The Mk 1 Jazz doesn't have anything, at least not on the S. Would be handy for some.
I'm pretty sure mine did, but it was the CVT-7 Sport which if I remember correctly was top of the range back then. Although seems odd if they only put that light on the Sport edition :-/
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 10:00:07 PM by andruec »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 10:11:05 PM »
Curiously, he suggests the cvt is only useful for urban use.  I find the low revs of the cvt at motorway speeds is a great asset.  Another curiosity in the review is the word "feelsome" about the steering - I've never seen this word before!

Good point. 2000 rpm at 70. A very relaxed motorway cruiser that's also good round town. Oddly the odd bit of motoring that isn't urban for me are short motorway bursts. A look at a map of where I live (Warrington) will show you what I mean.

I think it might get a bit frustrating if you did a lot of driving on A class roads out in the country.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2018, 10:32:34 PM »

Good point. 2000 rpm at 70. A very relaxed motorway cruiser that's also good round town. Oddly the odd bit of motoring that isn't urban for me are short motorway bursts. A look at a map of where I live (Warrington) will show you what I mean.

I think it might get a bit frustrating if you did a lot of driving on A class roads out in the country.

I don't have any problems on A roads, motorways, or with urban use. I did a 70 mile round trip on motorways today, tomorrow a 60 mile round trip on A roads, Thursday will be local running about, Saturday and Sunday I drive to London, 400 miles of motorway with heavy urban traffic on arrival. The Jazz is versatile and capable of handling it all with ease. I have done that sort of journey in both the 1.3 and 1.5, it is just more relaxed and comfortable progress in the 1.5.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 10:41:15 PM by Skyrider »

Tags:

anything