Author Topic: Where I place My Garmin Sat Nav whilst in Use In My Honda Mk3 Jazz CVT  (Read 7773 times)

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
Re: Where I place My Garmin Sat Nav whilst in Use In My Honda Mk3 Jazz CVT
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2018, 05:53:38 PM »

I have read earlier posts regarding LOCATIONS OF SAT NAVS WHILST DRIVING.
I personally use the provided Garmin Suction Sticker and locate my Garmin Sat Nav attached to the top Right Hand Corner of the otherwise Useless info Screen of my Mk3 2017 Jazz CVT,  This enables me to see the clock as well, the power lead provide was very long so I have used a spare one with coiled wire this just drops straight down to power socket and is very neat.
Also very easy and quick to remove and put out of sight of any scrotes that are around.
This I find is very secure, non vibrating, and just right to glance at whilst driving and of course close enough to read if needs be.
I do not use this infotainment screen for anything else, so it is perfect for this Garmin Sat Nav.
and when using German Auto Routes to and from Munich and Nuremberg on occasions.
It is just out of sight below dash board level so does not incur the interest of the authorities.
 I have never so far lost Sat connections. No doubt I will receive some observations regarding this post and of course these will be read with interest.
I am currently driving a Europcar hired Lancia Ypsilon in Sicily, and the info screen has a warning sticker as follows:  "Suction cups damage the screen.  Please do not apply them to the display".  Is anyone aware of any damage of this kind?

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: Where I place My Garmin Sat Nav whilst in Use In My Honda Mk3 Jazz CVT
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2018, 06:15:54 PM »
I would assume it depends on what the screen surface is made of. The Jazz screen seems to be rigid, some screens may not be so robust.

Tags:

anything