Author Topic: Automatic jazz advice  (Read 1466 times)

Panthor

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz IMA & CRV
Automatic jazz advice
« on: April 13, 2019, 01:18:43 PM »
My jazz IMA auto (CVA) was hit by another car while it was parked.
The jazz gearbox was in park with the handbrake on but was still shunted about 5 feet forward and bounced off another car that was in front of it.
The car is going to be assessed for damage Monday and I just wanted to know if it’s likely for the gearbox to be damaged? As this might not come up in the assessment.
Thanks

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: Automatic jazz advice
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 01:33:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum, and sorry to hear about your poor Jazz.

It's obviously possible, but difficult to say if there will be any damage to the gearbox. If I had to give an opinion, I would say probably not, but it certainly won't have done it any good.

I'm guessing this will be an insurance claim? To be honest, if it's been rear ended hard enough to push it that far, I would think it would be a candidate for a write off, especially if they suspect there is any possibility of drivetrain damage. It doesn't take a lot to write a car off these days, unless it's a very high value vehicle.

Panthor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 02:10:52 PM »
Thanks, kinda what I thought. Really annoying as the car was great and took ages to find the right one.
I’ve attached a pic of the rear quarter damage but also the front bumper, bonnet, grill, one headlight and 2 alloys on kerb side have also all been damaged.
Has to be insurance as it’s too much damage and unfortunately it’s my wife’s who had the car when she passed her test 2 years ago so will loose her no claims and have to pay the excess.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 02:42:11 PM »
If your insurance company accept that the accident was not your fault and the other party has to pay up you will not lose your no claims or have to pay the excess. Your premium may go up at the next renewal however.

Vic.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 03:22:42 PM by VicW »

Panthor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 03:08:23 PM »
Unfortunately the other driver as soon as they crashed reversed and then sped off. It was midnight so no witnesses just my cctv showing the incident but no number plate or facial pic. Because of that the insurance company said it has to go as a claim against my wife as well as because her car hit another, even though he doesn’t have much damage and is not going through insurance.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 03:24:02 PM »
Sorry to hear that.

Vic.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 04:35:08 PM »
If your insurance company accept that the accident was not your fault and the other party has to pay up you will not lose your no claims or have to pay the excess. Your premium may go up at the next renewal however.
Think it only works that way if you have a protected no claims bonus. Insurers will tell you it is a NO CLAIM bonus, not a NO BLAME bonus.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2019, 04:44:47 PM »
Thanks, kinda what I thought. Really annoying as the car was great and took ages to find the right one.
I’ve attached a pic of the rear quarter damage but also the front bumper, bonnet, grill, one headlight and 2 alloys on kerb side have also all been damaged.

I'm sad to say, that's going to be a write off.

Has to be insurance as it’s too much damage and unfortunately it’s my wife’s who had the car when she passed her test 2 years ago so will loose her no claims and have to pay the excess.

Now that's a real bugger. Not only will she lose her NCB, she will have to declare as a claim for 5 years, and that will load her insurance too.

Normally, I might suggest buying the car back from the insurance and getting it repaired privately with used parts, but that's not going to be a cheap repair - the back wing is kinked, and there's a good chance the boot floor will have moved too. Together with all the front end parts, it would probably be uneconomic to repair.

Tags: