Author Topic: Dash cover  (Read 1545 times)

pb82gh3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Honda Jazz 1.4 VTEC Si
Dash cover
« on: April 07, 2019, 12:40:43 PM »
I've been advised by my Honda dealer that the dash cover I use to eliminate reflections in strong sunlight may compromise airbag deployment. Here's the product I've been using

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/XUKEY-SUN-SHADE-DASH-BOARD-COVER-CARPET-RHD-2010-2011-2012-FIT-FOR-2009-2013-HONDA/32794813663.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7b7b4c4duyndRk

With the airbags in mind I've cut off the nearside at the point where the central upper air vents are covered, but nothing to the left of that is covered.
Please is there an expert out there who can tell me definitively whether that's OK, or whether I should not be using the cover at all.

thehazzard

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz GK EX 2017 Sunset Orange
Re: Dash cover
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 09:52:46 AM »
Does the UK have enough days of sunshine to warrant one of those covers?

pb82gh3

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Honda Jazz 1.4 VTEC Si
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 11:22:10 AM »
I take your point but I've found it very effective on the small number of days it matters. For now I've removed the whole cover pending getting definitive info. Life is worth a bit more than solving irritating reflections.

thehazzard

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz GK EX 2017 Sunset Orange
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 02:17:46 PM »
I take your point but I've found it very effective on the small number of days it matters. For now I've removed the whole cover pending getting definitive info. Life is worth a bit more than solving irritating reflections.

To be honest, i think it's pretty similar to how passengers should not be putting their feet/legs on the dash as if you crash *touch wood* the passenger is likely to have a face full of knee!! Quite extreme compared to a bit of cloth, but I would personally take it off.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 06:21:22 PM »
As well as being extremely rude and sloppy putting feet on dash can change your life...and not for the better.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-lost-forehead-after-resting-14211161
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 10:08:26 PM »
Polarising sunglasses helps a lot with those annoying reflections but they were one reason why my Mk Jazz was traded in for a Mk 3. The latter was better in this respect but the HR-V which I drive is even better still. Some people have this glare problem, others don't. I think it depends on the position of the eyeball which depends on both body size and seat position.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags: