Author Topic: Fuel Sloshing when tank is full  (Read 1366 times)

evijaymohan

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 Jazz ES CVT7
Fuel Sloshing when tank is full
« on: April 03, 2019, 02:59:06 PM »
Hi All,

Second post of today.

Whenever the tank is full , I hear and feel lots of fuel sloshing. Seems strange to me as with tank full , movement of fuel should be very limited. Its not there when tank is low or half on fuel.

Is it normal to Mk2 JAZZ ?

Thanks
Vijay

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Fuel Sloshing when tank is full
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 03:13:25 PM »
Hi Vijay - I had 2 Mk2s and never noticed this. Not saying it didn't happen but certainly didn't hear it.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 03:43:05 PM »
Never noticed it either, but there are baffles in tank to stop it sloshing around , can only think it is either fuel in the pipe from filler cap to tank or baffles do not go all the way to top of tank...

Normally a sloshing sound on Jazz is water in boot :)
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

evijaymohan

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 Jazz ES CVT7
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 04:11:29 PM »
Thanks Both,

I am sure, no water in boot.

I will get it checked for the other 2 mentioned reasons.

Regards,
Vijay

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 07:05:58 PM »
Both my Mk1 (owned this car six years from new) and Mk2 cars had the sloshing noise when the fuel tank was nearly full. Couldn't hear it under normal driving but stop quickly or rock the car when stationary would cause it to happen. I thought it was normal for the Jazz as the tank is under the front seats.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 07:08:09 PM by Pine »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 07:35:28 PM »
Both my Mk1 (owned this car six years from new) and Mk2 cars had the sloshing noise when the fuel tank was nearly full. Couldn't hear it under normal driving but stop quickly or rock the car when stationary would cause it to happen. I thought it was normal for the Jazz as the tank is under the front seats.

You can get the sloshing sound on any car ( maybe not an electric one ) if you bounce or rock it when stationary, nothing to worry about - in fact I sometimes bounce and rock the car after adding redex to tank.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: