Author Topic: Newbie Jazz help!  (Read 1333 times)

Cammytammy

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 07 civic and 06 Jazz
Newbie Jazz help!
« on: May 04, 2024, 07:32:27 PM »
Hey guys,

New jazz owner (well the Mrs bought one) however I need some help as it has some issues!

First - the juddering issue. Judders when driving (worse when acceleration hard) The Speedo also doesn't work. From what I have read, I have ordered a new speed sensor and plan to change the transmission oil (possibly put some xdaco in)

Would someone be able to link me the correct transmission fluid to buy please? Found some on cox motors for £79 odd. The car I believe is a 1.3. it has a 7 speed button on the steering wheel while enables me to change gear with the paddles behind steering wheel. (It doesn't judder at all on this mode)

Which car has she bought? Can you tell from the info above?

The 2nd issue is, sometimes the power steering light comes on and the steering goes heavier. It doesn't always come on every drive, and goes away if you turn car off and on again.

Thanks in advance for any guidance! Jazz newbs here. Ask me about the mk8 civic and I know my stuff lol
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 09:27:23 PM by Cammytammy »

c.lday44

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Honda Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSi
Re: Newbie Jazz help!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 07:12:34 PM »
The 7 speed button indicates you've bought a CVT Jazz. When you press the 7 speed button it basically gives you 7 simulated "gears" you can change between with the paddles, when it's off it's a normal CVT gearbox I believe. I'd be inclined to believe you have an issue with the gearbox if the judder disappears when it's in 7 speed mode (CVT's are notorious for failure and short lives on other cars, I'm not sure if the Jazz is the same - I believe I heard somethere where all mk1 Jazzes have some form of gearbox issues though, Manual or Auto!)

I doubt new fluid will fix it but could be worth a shot. Is there anything in the service history for gearbox oil? If it's never been serviced that could be why, depending on mileage.

Probably a 1.4 i-DSi CVT MK1 as the Mk1 Jazz has like... 6 configurations to choose from (1.2/1.4, Manual/CVT, SE/Sport)

Mk8 civic shares the same small L series engine so you probably know some things about it!

Tags: