Author Topic: Passed another MOT  (Read 1703 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Passed another MOT
« on: June 07, 2019, 11:02:48 AM »
That is the car through another MOT with no advisories (same tester who gave me an advisory last year but nothing done!). 114.315 miles on clock and going great.

JazzyJ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 EX
Re: Passed another MOT
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 11:17:06 AM »
Good stuff! Having a Jazz of a similar age, out of curiosity, when/if have you had any major work done on the car such as clutch, wheel bearings, etc? Do you do mainly motorway or short journeys and do you have it serviced regularly?

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 11:44:29 AM »
That is the car through another MOT with no advisories (same tester who gave me an advisory last year but nothing done!). 114.315 miles on clock and going great.

Always a relief to get that one out of the way. I had a 'temp' Mk1 (reg '05) which was unfortunately rear ended last year. However, I at least had the chance to put it through an MOT and it passed with flying colours. The tester reckoned it would just keep on going. Not a sign of rust anywhere underneath and rock solid. He was not quite so complimentary about some of the bigger names out there. You only have to look around at how many are on the roads. Speaks volumes.

Hondachap

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honnda Jazz
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 11:48:16 AM »
2007 222920mls sound as a pound driving school car had 4 clutches 1 new track control arm around 170.000mls center pipe and back box around 174.000mls front droplinks
Brake lines front to rear 2 years ago rear wheel bearing and caliper around 189.000 mls  Gerbox bearing replaced at 204.000 mls one gearbox mount  cost me new £ 9.013  servicing every 12.000mls

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 02:37:56 PM »
Ours had a clutch at 113K, ex driving school car for first 100K or so though. Battery shortly after.

One rear wheel bearing and two front brake calipers at 150K-ish. Pattern calipers were so cheap it wasn't worth refurbing them - not much dearer than the piston and seal kit.

Recently fixed the relatively common ABS pump failure issue, replaced motor brushes.

Nothing else so far, apart from servicing, brake friction, tyres and a drop link. Rear brake pipes are starting to get a bit crusty, might have them to replace in the next year or two.

MOT time this month.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 05:47:02 PM »
Good stuff! Having a Jazz of a similar age, out of curiosity, when/if have you had any major work done on the car such as clutch, wheel bearings, etc? Do you do mainly motorway or short journeys and do you have it serviced regularly?
I bought the car three years ago with 87K on the clock. Cost me £1795 from a trader. It has now done 114K. All I have done to it is replaced the battery after 1000 miles, replaced a wishbone and drop link at 92K (drop link made job a lot easier), replace the middle box and cat at 95K (I was working in the motor trade and the price made the job a lot easier than trying to split the two to replace the middle box), replaced back box at 100K, replaced the gearbox bearings and seals (£324) at 101K, replaced the other drop link and front tyres at 106K. Only servicing I have done is a set of plugs, air filter, pollen filter, oil filter and oil after first year, and oil and oil filter last year. This year I will do oil, oil filter, air filter and pollen filter.
My normal use is 15 miles town driving, Monday to Friday, with an 80 mile motorway/dual carriageway run every Saturday. Reads a lot worse than it is, but at an average of 54 mpg during the three years I have owned it I am really pleased with it.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 11:54:16 AM »
MOT passed this morning. Another 12 months happy motoring!  8)

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 12:18:55 PM »
Congrats. It's a great feeling.

guest7494

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 02:44:43 PM »
MOT passed this morning. Another 12 months happy motoring!  8)

Well done sparky Paul
I know the feeling.

Taking it in and worrying will it be all ok?
then it passed all ok,
and then wondering why you were worrying on your way home again.

RayS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz 1.3 SE
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2019, 05:40:00 PM »
Another MOT pass today.  :)
Unfortunately. I got a couple of advisories.
Rear tyre walls are deteriorating & need replacing.
That's wear & tear, so no problem.
Also got to replace one of the droplinks.
So not too bad for a thirteen year old car.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2019, 06:31:02 PM »
Well done. I bought two Moog drop links from my local motor factors for £25. There are two different "sets" on those fitted to the Jazz so make sure you get the right model for your car.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2019, 07:41:51 PM »
I had a couple of advisories for brake pipes, but they'll clean up okay.

I don't get too worked up for MOTs these days, either they pass or they don't... I've got another one booked next week for number one car.

Tags: