Author Topic: Jap imports  (Read 2600 times)

guest2913

Jap imports
« on: March 09, 2015, 09:31:52 PM »
Just out of interest due to family now growing all that, I've been looking at sadly trading my Jazz in for a 7 seater, but I've came across mostly insurance saying no due hish risk due to parts, which made me thick! what the hell happens if the car breaks down, it's not like asking a friend to give you lift down to honda and buy parts as the 2006 Odyssey was never sold in britian!?
What are people review on own a jap import? is it worth all the fuss about owning a car people may have never seen before?

guest5211

• Topic Starter
Re: Jap imports
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 04:45:57 AM »
Yes it is.

I've owned a Jap import (JDM), for 8 years, a DC5 Integra Type R and there's a sub-culture to these cars as they're highly respected amongst those in-the-know.

To be blunt, UKDM cars are simply inferior to the JDM equivalent.  Once you've experienced a JDM car, it's hard to go back to the poorly-built and poorly-specced cars that Honda UK build and sell here.

guest5239

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 10:56:47 PM »
I quite agree about JDM cars,they do have a higher specification as standard and a better finish.Having owned 4 imported jazz and 2 civics.
 Honda japan produce a 7 seater for their domestic market which is called the Honda Freed. It is based on the Jazz floorpan and has a 1.5 engine.

[attachment deleted by admin]

bucksfizz

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 08:49:38 AM »
During a recent  web search of the Japanese Jazz range ,I discovered that there is a four wheel drive version  available in that country.I  am sure that there would be a market for such a vehicle in Europe.

guest2913

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 05:28:53 PM »
I know alot about what is for sale in japan coz am sad enough to search though there website www.honda.co.jp haha and my parents in the late 90s bought a Odyssey which was made for the uk market and ended in sept 1999 and lasted til 2012 with almost 200k and only had to change brakes and batteries and only killed one starter motor when a lorry hit it one morning in tesco car park! and the key thing when you got a few of you in the car is the space! and the ride quality on the longer wheel base is super! and the odyssey looks the business than a jazz done up and a extra 2 seats! remember when they 7 jumping in a car and going on holiday, where do you want your suite case, in the boot or your lap! LMAO

Tags: