Author Topic: Vaccination Experiences  (Read 13990 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Vaccination Experiences
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2021, 02:35:41 PM »
No need to sit down after Astra jab, straight in and out.
Not correct.
Whilst there are no reported anaphylactic reactions with the OAZ vaccine, it can make you a little woozy immediately afterwards. Procedure at the vacc centre I'm familiar with is to advise people not to drive for 15 minutes, and there is a seated recovery area when you leave the vaccinator. Some people may be able to leave immediately, but they've probably said they're not driving (or have chosen to wait in their car). I'd be surprised if other centres are different.

By us no waiting, and no waiting time is specified for AZ by NHS.  The 'waiting time' for Pfizer recipient is an 'observation time',  not a time to recover from aftershock of a tiny needle in the arm.

The throughput of centres using AZ is faster.

https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/clinical-areas/allergy/no-requirement-to-observe-patients-for-15-minutes-after-oxfordastrazeneca-covid-vaccination/
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2021, 05:54:59 PM »
The throughput of centres using AZ is faster.
I have to disagree with that statement. The time taken to get the vaccine is the same. With the Pfizer vaccination, there is a separate post jab waiting area and one nurse sitting there. The post-vaccination waiting area does not impact on the throughput of the vaccination area. The only effect there will be when all the vaccinations are finished for the day will be an additional 15 minutes before the last punter leaves the station. It will certainly take more than 15 minutes to pack up and clear away all their paraphernalia.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2021, 07:25:19 AM »
Last evening I felt very flushed. My face and ears were hot. I checked my temperature (fever is a common side effect of the Pfizer vaccine), but it was okay. I had an early night anyway. This morning the top of my arm felt like it had been punched, but now I am up and moving about I am not aware of it.

Johncb500

• Approved Member
  • Honda owner since 1971,on 2 and 4 wheels
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX 2012-CB500/4 1974
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2021, 09:45:10 AM »
Last evening I felt very flushed. My face and ears were hot. I checked my temperature (fever is a common side effect of the Pfizer vaccine), but it was okay. I had an early night anyway. This morning the top of my arm felt like it had been punched, but now I am up and moving about I am not aware of it.
Just under 24hrs since I had the OAZ vaccine.

No soreness
No red marks
Feeling my normal happy self

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

JimSh

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2021, 03:11:49 AM »
I'll be adding another 1 to the total Friday, just qualified.
Let's be careful out there !

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2021, 02:26:52 PM »
What I find amazing is that in London, according to the local news, only 80% of NHS staff have been vaccinated due to 'no shows'.

Surely they of all people know how serious this is.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2021, 03:15:31 PM »
What I find amazing is that in London, according to the local news, only 80% of NHS staff have been vaccinated due to 'no shows'.

Surely they of all people know how serious this is.

Apparently 20% of all Covid cases are acquired in hosipital (I believe Captain Tom was one)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2021, 04:18:16 PM »
This should be one of those situations of 'no vaccination no work', without good reason, but due to whatever law they are allowed to wander the wards, or wherever, potentially being a lethal weapon.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2021, 07:17:13 AM »
You probably couldn't dismiss them, but there are plenty of menial tasks in the NHS which are not "Front of House".

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2021, 10:46:23 AM »
This should be one of those situations of 'no vaccination no work', without good reason, but due to whatever law they are allowed to wander the wards, or wherever, potentially being a lethal weapon.

I understood that having had the vaccination does not guarantee that you can not still pass on the virus. So given these NHS workers are probably wearing PPE and masks, I expect there is little extra risk from them passing on the virus than someone who us vaccinated. So not exactly a lethal weapon.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2021, 11:37:20 AM »

I understood that having had the vaccination does not guarantee that you can not still pass on the virus. So given these NHS workers are probably wearing PPE and masks, I expect there is little extra risk from them passing on the virus than someone who us vaccinated. So not exactly a lethal weapon.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20210203-why-vaccinated-people-may-still-be-able-to-spread-covid-19

Quote from latest Oxford / AZ vaccine trials in above article.. about 'sterilising immunity' - a massive reduction in the number of viruses the person is carrying.

'The latest development is a new paper published in pre-print on 1 February, which revealed the results of a further month of studying the trial participants. The researchers found that the vaccine cut the number of cases with detectable virus by 67% after a single standard dose, and wrote that this shows "the potential for a substantial reduction in transmission". 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 11:39:17 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2021, 12:16:28 PM »
'The latest development is a new paper published in pre-print on 1 February, which revealed the results of a further month of studying the trial participants. The researchers found that the vaccine cut the number of cases with detectable virus by 67% after a single standard dose, and wrote that this shows "the potential for a substantial reduction in transmission". 

Interesting link, worth a read. Whilst it's good that the number of cases with detectable virus is reduced, we already have several variants with the same mutation which makes it 70% more transmissible.

I think we are drifting off again though  ;)

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2021, 01:58:12 PM »
I think we are drifting off again though  ;)

We are, but before we snap back, just to clarify my comment...I don't understand how someone who does not believe the science on vaccinations can sensibly work in frontline healthcare. Even if they choose to decline the vaccine, and the risk of transmission they present is low, it demonstrates a worrying lack of belief in medicine. I wouldn't want that person treating me.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2021, 02:51:24 PM »
Even if they choose to decline the vaccine, and the risk of transmission they present is low, it demonstrates a worrying lack of belief in medicine. I wouldn't want that person treating me.

I've often thought that a number of professions based upon scientific knowledge are incompatible with certain beliefs, it doesn't seem to deter people from pursuing these professions, or indeed maintaining their beliefs. I guess, so long as they can keep the two entirely separate, it shouldn't matter.

This is getting a bit philosophical!

Tags: