Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: WTO rules?
« Last post by sparky Paul on Today at 12:07:04 PM »
An enduring and painful fiasco. What is more, I get the distinct feeling that the groundswell of people in this country have discounted the demise of May and the government weeks ago and are 'busy making plans for Nigel'. This announcement really feels like a rather sad, scruffy and self indulgent sideshow playing out, as always, well and truly behind the curve. It is ending just as it began. Confused, deluded and utterly out of touch.

I agree.

Stand by for weeks/months of Government paralysis while the the Conservative party indulge themselves yet again. The large number of runners already declared tells you this is going to be messy.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 12:02:51 PM »
It was a suggestion from Vote Leave as to what we could do with the money we would no longer pay to the EU. Perhaps if we had left it could have been followed through! As an ardent leaver I doubted it then and I doubt it now.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / BMW gets what he deserves!
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 11:54:56 AM »
Watch the end of this video ( 9:34 to end), to see a BMW get what he deserves.

« Last post by sparky Paul on Today at 11:53:56 AM »
I think you could have listened more carefully at the time.

"regain our sovereignty and subsidise the NHS with the money we currently pay to the EU".

A correct statement, but easy to misinterpret. Not all the money. There are others too to be subsidized.

I hate to keep dragging this up, but can you please explain to me what the writing on the red backdrop means to you.

Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: A/C not working
« Last post by culzean on Today at 11:47:40 AM »
You have to be a bit careful with the DIY kits,  I use them but have learned that when pressure is low fill it up a bit at a time and check airflow temperature - too much gas is as bad as not enough as far as the compression ( heating ) / expansion (cooling) efficiency is concerned and it you overfill the aircon will not work efficiently ( and may damage compressor ) - there is a certain ( different ) weight of gas in every aircon system and what the auto machines at places like ATS do is evacuate all the gas and then put in the exact amount for the system on your vehicle.   Some pressure gauges on cheaper fill nozzles are not too accurate, Counter-intuitively you may have to release a bit of gas ( I didn't tell you to do that :-X  ) to get system working properly.

What is static pressure in the system?
Before the vehicle is started, the static system pressure can be read. Pressure should be very nearly equal in both gauges. Actual pressure will depend on the type refrigerant and the ambient temperature and does not show if the system is properly charged. At 85 degrees Fahrenheit, R134A shows a pressure of around 90 pounds per square inch. Much lower readings suggest the system is low on charge or contaminated with air.  Low static pressure normally shows a leak that must be found and repaired. Finding and repairing leaks are covered in the next Detailed Topic.  At least twenty-five PSI of static pressure is required, or the cycle switch may disable the compressor.

http://www.agcoauto.com/content/news/p2_articleid/257

http://www.agcoauto.com/content/news/p2_articleid/210

The R134-a does not cool as well as the older ( ozone destroying ) R12 did and by that measure the latest and more expensive gas  ( HFO-1234yf - which sounds more like a bad password than a refrigerant gas ) required for new cars now will hardly cool the air at all.

https://www.halfordsautocentres.com/advice/air-conditioning-advice/air-conditioning-gas-changes
« Last post by MartinJG on Today at 11:40:56 AM »
Theresa May finally steps down after trashing her party, she said 'I will remain caretaker prime minister until 7th June'  - but that is all she has ever been.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-48394091

Indeed. An enduring and painful fiasco. What is more, I get the distinct feeling that the groundswell of people in this country have discounted the demise of May and the government weeks ago and are 'busy making plans for Nigel'. This announcement really feels like a rather sad, scruffy and self indulgent sideshow playing out, as always, well and truly behind the curve. It is ending just as it began. Confused, deluded and utterly out of touch.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: A/C not working
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 11:35:38 AM »
I am not able to help, except to tell you that unless the air is getting chilled the condenser will not have any moisture to deposit. Lowering the temperature is what causes the formation of ice/ water deposits.
« Last post by zzaj on Today at 11:02:43 AM »
Quite right JimSh, "regain our sovereignty and subsidise the NHS with the money we currently pay to the EU" was what I remember, not once did I hear "regain our sovereignty, we'll be financially worse off but it'll be worth it in the end".  Anyone with a grip on reality would admit to that.

"regain our sovereignty, we'll be financially worse off but it'll be worth it in the end".

I think you could have listened more carefully at the time. Anyone with a grip on reality did admit to that.

People who voted to leave did put sovereignty above financial well being - it is that important to them. It is very difficult for those who put economic well being ahead of sovereignty to understand.

"regain our sovereignty and subsidise the NHS with the money we currently pay to the EU".

A correct statement, but easy to misinterpret. Not all the money. There are others too to be subsidized.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / A/C not working
« Last post by tretorn76 on Today at 10:58:29 AM »
Hi! Got some troubles with my A/C on my 2003 Honda Jazz. The A/C doesnt seems to be working as it only produces not too cold air. Have filled the system according to the right pressure with a DIY gas refilling kit with R134A gas. The system seems to keep pressure so there are no leaks. But still no really cold air. The compressor and the A/C clutch seems to be working as I can here them goes on and off. Strangely the condensor doesnt seems to leave any water from the system as it should. Does anyone have a clue where I should begin to look?
« Last post by culzean on Today at 10:35:19 AM »
Theresa May finally steps down after trashing her party, she said 'I will remain caretaker prime minister until 7th June'  - but that is all she has ever been.

In a weird twist to 2019 calendar it won't be the official end of May until 7th June this year.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-48394091
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything