Author Topic: Does anyone know the location of the warning buzzer?  (Read 2351 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Does anyone know the location of the warning buzzer?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2020, 12:15:40 PM »
You can quieten it down by putting a bit of electrical tape over the hole.
I just checked the dashboard of my Mk1 and there is no hole on mine. The sound just emanates from somewhere behind the instrument panel.

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2020, 12:29:09 PM »
I just checked the dashboard of my Mk1 and there is no hole on mine. The sound just emanates from somewhere behind the instrument panel.
Same thing with GK Jazz (Mk3). I suspect it being on the dashboard circuit board, so the hole to be covered is somewhere there.

Jazzmeister

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk I 2007 Honda Jazz 1.5 CVT
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2020, 04:00:50 PM »
I learnt a long time ago not to mess with things unless they are broken - the amount of heartache and cost that can be caused by trying to fix things that need no fixing is quite staggering - and plenty of time to think after 'why did I mess with that'..... bit of tape is all that is required.
That's valid advice, I wouldn't pull the dash or cluster to do it but if it's easy to get to then it's perfectly doable.

I don't know why but I hate loud buzzing beeping sounds and I tape off just about anything that makes those sounds in an effort to reduce it and it works like a charm. And it's easily reversable.
Mk I 2007 Honda Jazz 1.5 CVT | Previous car - Mk II 2012 Honda Jazz 1.3 Cvt

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2020, 11:55:02 PM »

No, you have to remove the instrument cluster to get to the speaker. It's a small metal can on the rear of the cluster pcb on the mark 2, with a small hole in it. Not sure about the mark 1, I would imagine it's similar.

I would leave well alone too.

Jazzmeister

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk I 2007 Honda Jazz 1.5 CVT
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2020, 01:37:16 PM »

No, you have to remove the instrument cluster to get to the speaker. It's a small metal can on the rear of the cluster pcb on the mark 2, with a small hole in it. Not sure about the mark 1, I would imagine it's similar.

Do you think you could reach up behind the dash with your hand and put some bluetack over the buzzer hole?
Mk I 2007 Honda Jazz 1.5 CVT | Previous car - Mk II 2012 Honda Jazz 1.3 Cvt

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2020, 05:03:52 PM »

Do you think you could reach up behind the dash with your hand and put some bluetack over the buzzer hole?

Just put some ear plugs in.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2020, 06:30:57 PM »

I doubt it, I think it's a dismantling job.

guest9236

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2020, 04:15:53 PM »

Just put some ear plugs in.

Noise cancelling headphones possibly will give you the result you require without the effort of doing anything  at all, of course you could turn up the radio, or even accept the buzzer as a safety belt and braces life saver.
Just saying and trying to be helpful.

Tags: