Author Topic: Does anyone know the location of the warning buzzer?  (Read 2415 times)

Jazzmeister

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk I 2007 Honda Jazz 1.5 CVT
Does anyone know the location of the warning buzzer?
« on: September 11, 2020, 09:51:17 AM »
Does anyone know the location of the warning buzzer or a way to disable the buzzer when you don't put your safety belt on(I wear mine religiously but I like to start the car and let it idle for 30secs while I reach around to organise the vehicle), open the door with the key in the ignition etc.

If I can't disable it I want to find the buzzer and put some tape over it so the volume is less obnoxious.
Here's a thread on a different Honda that shows the buzzer, it's just your average annoying garden variety buzzer:
https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/how-remove-key-ignition-headlights-warning-beeper-2011875/page2/
Mk I 2007 Honda Jazz 1.5 CVT | Previous car - Mk II 2012 Honda Jazz 1.3 Cvt

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Does anyone know the location of the warning buzzer?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 10:39:20 AM »
I regularly move the car in and out of the garage without my seatbelt on. The beeper stops after a few seconds but even while it is going it hardly warrants disabling.

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 10:47:40 AM »
That is a good question! I would appreciate same information regarding GK Jazz.

The same annoying bing comes if you open the door or engage handbrake while moving. Like I didn't already know I was pulling the lever or opening the door.  >:(

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 10:47:56 AM »
Just click the seatbelt buckle together -no need for you to be wearing it,  don't know if it is an MOT fail if seatbelt alarm not working. As Jocko says it is a minor inconvenience.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jazzmeister

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 01:03:32 PM »
I regularly move the car in and out of the garage without my seatbelt on. The beeper stops after a few seconds but even while it is going it hardly warrants disabling.
Just click the seatbelt buckle together -no need for you to be wearing it,  don't know if it is an MOT fail if seatbelt alarm not working. As Jocko says it is a minor inconvenience.
The power of choice, I'd rather disable it or at the least reduce the volume, I find it very annoying, it's probably just my OCD :D

Jazzmeister

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 07:47:51 PM »
Anyone have any ideas?

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 07:55:52 PM »
I don't know where the buzzer is but for the amount of time that you will hear it I cannot see the problem. You may be grateful that the buzzer is there to remind you of something one day.

Vic.

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 09:23:49 PM »
Day by day, things like that are making me to consider switching back to older cars without these annoying things.

Jazzmeister

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2020, 12:02:14 PM »
I don't know where the buzzer is but for the amount of time that you will hear it I cannot see the problem. You may be grateful that the buzzer is there to remind you of something one day.

Vic.
Haven't needed a buzzer for the last 25yrs and no need for it now, I just really want it quieter rather than completely disabled.

You just put some bluetack over the buzzer and that does the job fine, I just need to know where it is.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2020, 12:05:42 PM »
I looked through the parts breakdown, and it isn't even mentioned, so I would imagine it is part of the dashboard PCB.

guest9236

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2020, 12:15:21 PM »

Vic.
Haven't needed a buzzer for the last 25yrs and no need for it now, I just really want it quieter rather than completely disabled.

You just put some bluetack over the buzzer and that does the job fine, I just need to know where it is. in the past I have used an old one for similar diagnostics

Just a thought  but perhaps a stethoscope or something similar may give a general location for a further search.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2020, 12:22:37 PM »
Pretty sure it's on the back of the instrument cluster PCB, between the speedo and fuel gauge. You can quieten it down by putting a bit of electrical tape over the hole.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2020, 11:43:22 AM »
I learnt a long time ago not to mess with things unless they are broken - the amount of heartache and cost that can be caused by trying to fix things that need no fixing is quite staggering - and plenty of time to think after 'why did I mess with that'..... bit of tape is all that is required.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

DomnicZZ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 1.4 SE MK1
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2020, 11:46:47 AM »
Couldn't agree more about fixing things that ain't broken. As for this buzzer. It has reminded me of the parking lights being left on, on a few occasions, so I definitely 'need' it.
My Jazz: 2004 CVT

Tags:

anything