Author Topic: Honda Fit first drive - Honda Tuning Magazine  (Read 11912 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Honda Fit first drive - Honda Tuning Magazine
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 06:26:36 PM »
Switzerland it is the law now to have lights on all day since 1st Jan this year.

this is so that people chattering away on their mobiles / watching a video on google glasses / playing with the multi-function display screen etc while driving may still be able to see a car approaching - there are far too many distractions for driver these days.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 06:28:25 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4324

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2014, 06:39:07 PM »
this is so that people chattering away on their mobiles / watching a video on google glasses / playing with the multi-function display screen etc while driving may still be able to see a car approaching - there are far too many distractions for driver these days.

Or so that you can see them approaching as they veer into your lane. I've had it a couple of times. :o

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2014, 07:07:47 PM »
I have done diy servicing from my first car - a 1929 Riley Nine.

Modern cars are easy: just buy a decent code reader, and a proper set of manuals.. and look after the electronics..Learn simple electronics and get a decent digital multimeter.

Apply logic and ensure you buy no car designed by the French..:-)

If you buy a laptop diagnostics system, and know what you are doing , you will be better than 90% of all garages...

bucksfizz

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 11:14:01 AM »
As a further follow up to my first posting on the '2015 Jazz' I can confirm that the USA 2015 Fit definitely has rear drum brakes(no discs whatsoever).
 Also found data indicating that their 1.5 litre Fits have a larger turning circle than our current GE models. viz Fit -34.4 ft.Our GE models EX-32.4 ft.Remainder of range-31.1 ft.-Better manoeuvrability for our narrow city and rural roads.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 01:23:58 PM »
I can confirm that the USA 2015 Fit definitely has rear drum brakes(no discs whatsoever).

From my skim reading of things, it seems that North American spec Fits have always had drums at the back with some even bleating about not having discs like the Euro spec models.  ::)

Tags:

anything