Author Topic: Boot liner or tidy?  (Read 20221 times)

Aitcho

Boot liner or tidy?
« on: November 10, 2011, 09:13:33 PM »
I am thinking of buying either a Honda boot liner or possibly a boot tidy to use with my 2012 Jazz 1.4 EX CVT in order to keep the carpeted boot area clean and free of possible liquid spillages especially when doing the weekly supermarket shop.

If anyone uses a boot liner would be interested to hear of any drawbacks when using one.

Due to the onset of Winter I decided to replace my carpet mats with some genuine Honda rubber mats which are more functional when passengers are wearing wet or muddy shoes.

I have only covered just over 600-miles but have found the CVT automatic system to be far better than the 4-speed automatic system used in my previous car,  I am really enjoying driving the Jazz.

Aitcho

Top Down

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: March 2012 1.4 iVTEC EX - Deep Sapphire Blue
Re: Boot liner or tidy?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 09:27:28 PM »
I bought the genuine Honda boot mat. A bit pricey but it stops things sliding around and is shaped like a tray, with a lip all round the edge to contain any spillage, liquid or otherwise.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 05:14:11 AM »
I have a couple of storage boxes, approx 18 x 12 x 12 inches that I fill with my books cd roms, spare light bulbs, L plates etc. Then if I need to empty the boot I have 3 things to remove, 2 boxes and a spare wheel.

Oz

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 11:55:57 AM »
I use a cardboard box -free.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 12:01:49 PM »
I keep an empty wine box in the boot in the happy hope that someone will give me a bottle. :D

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 03:56:27 PM »
Plenty of empties here inc  Brandy Champagne etc

guest2867

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 04:23:37 PM »
I got the dealer to throw one in as part of the deal, we need it as we have a dog.
They do save the carpet no end only drawback would be the need to lift it up if you want to gain access to the spare wheel area or use to clever boot.
I think they are about £80

Top Down

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 06:15:10 PM »
Got mine for £66 delivered off eBay. Vendor was a fully-fledged kosher Honda dealer.

guest1262

• Topic Starter

Aitcho

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 10:59:04 PM »
I bought the genuine Honda boot mat. A bit pricey but it stops things sliding around and is shaped like a tray, with a lip all round the edge to contain any spillage, liquid or otherwise.

Is the Honda boot mat rubber, if so is it flexible enough that it could be partly folded back so that you can gain access to the space beneath the boot floor or does the lip round the edge make it fairly rigid?

Aitcho

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 11:16:17 PM »
I like the various suggestions for storage; such as storage containers, cardboard box although a wine box sounds a good idea, it might encourage some of my relatives to donate a bottle or two!

(It would appear that one cannot reply to individual posters in this thread unless opting to use the 'quote' feature, on other sites I use they also have a 'reply' button which allows me respond to a poster without having to quote their message.)

Aitcho

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 11:36:06 PM »
I got the dealer to throw one in as part of the deal, we need it as we have a dog.
They do save the carpet no end only drawback would be the need to lift it up if you want to gain access to the spare wheel area or use to clever boot.
I think they are about £80

When there is just myself in the car I prefer to use the 'clever boot system' for convenience but when carrying passengers would like to have a rubberised boot mat especially for when I am called on by relatives to do a school run for them, football and rugby boots make a right mess of carpets!

Still checking out various on-line dealers and eBay for best price, although Rowse Honda seem to  have the cheapest price at the moment.

Aitcho

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 11:51:10 PM »
Got mine for £66 delivered off eBay. Vendor was a fully-fledged kosher Honda dealer.

I noticed that there are a number of Honda dealers on eBay, ordered some rubber floor mats for my Jazz EX CVT which were reasonably priced with free postage.

You have to really search on eBay for best pricing as some dealers are also charging £10 courier fees which bumps the overall price up.

There is an eBayer in Hong Kong selling boot mats for the Jazz/Fit for about £41 including shipping which might be a worthwhile buy.

Aitcho

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 12:03:11 AM »
Mine is a B&Q Car Boot Protect Liner 1.5m x 1.2m priced at £4.98. Excellent value, excellent fit.

Thanks for that B&Q link, I just had a look at the website and the liner seems a bargain.

Will pop into our local B&Q and pick one up, it will also be handy when the rear seats are folded flat and the liner can be placed over them.

Top Down

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 12:42:48 AM »
The genuine Honda rubber boot mat is not flexible enough to fold back. It's semi-rigid. You can twist it to feed it into the space but once down the all round lip makes it act like the shallow lid of a box. You can flex it but not fold it.

Tags:

anything