Author Topic: Recurring HFT has stopped error?  (Read 4853 times)

Didz

• Registered Member
  • Grumpy Old Git
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz SE Navi
Recurring HFT has stopped error?
« on: March 26, 2019, 10:16:09 AM »
Picked up my new Jazz on Saturday and spent several hours on Sunday familiarising myself with all the controls, and a few hours on Monday morning entering in my preset contact numbers and selecting my radio stations.

However, I am left with a recurring 'HFT has stopped error' every time my mobile connects to the Bluetooth in-car phone system.  At first, I just assumed that it was my mobile which is a rather dated Nokia 215, but I find it does eventually connect and works without any issues.  It just seems to be a problem with the HFT application.  I've googled it and found a lot of other Honda drivers with the same issue and I've tried a few of the solutions they have recommended such as changing the system colour.  Which sounds a bit weird but is the Honda equivalent of 'switching it off and back on again' as changing the colour triggers a system reboot.  Unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem.

Has anyone else had (or got) this problem and managed to solve it?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 11:16:26 AM by Didz »
David a.k.a 'Didz'

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Asking for Help from other forum members?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 10:56:36 AM »
I've moved this topic to the Jazz 2015-on forum so people can reply below.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Didz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • Grumpy Old Git
Re: Asking for Help from other forum members?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 11:13:36 AM »
Thanks
David a.k.a 'Didz'

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
Re: Recurring HFT has stopped error?
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 12:49:18 PM »
As per the Honda Connect FAQ:

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-connect-faq/_jcr_content/headerPar/richtextcolumn_c731/par/richtextdownload_e49/file.res/Honda%20Connect_FAQ_Ver1%201.pdf

Q: How do I reset the device in cases of system error messages etc.
A: Like all computers sometimes programs or applications unexpectedly stop running. The Honda Connect will inform the user by way of an error message. To reinstate the program a full reboot may be required. This can be done by pressing and holding down the Honda Connect power button for more than 10 seconds.

Hopefully that should help.

Didz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • Grumpy Old Git
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 10:18:19 AM »
Code: [Select]
This can be done by pressing and holding down the Honda Connect power button for more than 10 secondsThe only issue I've read which made me reluctant to try the above was that doing so completely wipes all the data you have previously into the system.  So, you end up having to re-enter all your favourites to the Audio, Navigation and Phone systems from scratch.  It rather put me off trying it as I'd spent several hours setting everything up.

However, I found another suggestion on the HR-V owner's forum, which was basically to repeatedly change the system colour from the settings menu. Every time you do this it causes the system to reload without wiping your data.  I literally sat in my car the day before yesterday and worked my way through every system colour available Red; Amber; Violet; Blue and eventually back to Violet (just because I liked it)

I didn't really expect it to work, but so far since doing it, the error message has not reappeared. :o   
David a.k.a 'Didz'

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 10:20:16 AM »
Excellent. Hope it stays that way.

Tags:

anything