Author Topic: Replacement front anti roll bars  (Read 1281 times)

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
Replacement front anti roll bars
« on: November 25, 2020, 10:40:41 PM »
Hi team.

I have to replace the roll bars. The rubber dust caps have now perished and they are beginning to rust quite badly after 10 years and 95,000 miles. There are obviously quite a few on the market but I would prefer a decent budget brand so any particular recs welcome.

PS - Replaced  my front tyres and went for Toyo Proxes CF2. Used them in the past on previous vehicles and always found them to be the pick of the budget bunch. Had Dunlops on before. Night and day. As expected, the Toyo's are excellent and transform the handling with reasonable road noise so a big thumbs up.

geoffchats

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi
Re: Replacement front anti roll bars
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 10:52:32 PM »
Wondering now about my '09 Jazz EX i-shift. It has done around 85,000 and the next MoT is due next March. We shall see...
I agree about the Toyo Proxes...excellent tyres that are good wet/dry, quiet and give good road holding. Very impressive tyres...
Incidentally, I just had my original silvery alloys acid-dipped and powder coated/laquered in tungsten dark grey. They look fantastic after 11 years of salty roads that had caused quite unsightly corrosion.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

MartinJG

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 11:01:27 PM »
Don't talk to me about salty roads. Don't know where you are but down south they grit roads the moment we have a heavy dew. Had to pass a big gritter on the dual carriageway last night. Checked the front when I got home. Yep, a few more unwelcome chips not to mention potential rot underneath care of the nanny state pamperers.

PS - MPG also creeping up on the fibometer and hit 45 MPG today. Usually falls at this time of the year so it must be the tyres because that is the only thing that has changed, unless of course it is my suede hush puppies....
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 11:06:09 PM by MartinJG »

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 11:11:35 PM »
IMHO, if you want the best aftermarket ARB drop links, buy Delphi.

To be fair, the Jazz isn't that hard on droplinks, so any decent branded factor part will last a reasonable time. Just avoid the no-name ones on ebay, the balljoints are made of toffee.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 07:13:05 AM »
I buy Moog suspension parts. Find them good quality. Not the cheapest but "budget" never the less.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 09:02:44 AM »
Just avoid the no-name ones on ebay, the balljoints are made of toffee.

Interesting point. On our other car, Astra, Ive just replaced the NSF drop link. The brand was "Key Parts", whoever they are, and came in a nice orange branded box at a cost of just £6.39 delivered. I have no idea how long it will last, but it felt well made as far as I could determine and has stopped the clonking noise.

Check out eBay item number: 233732383794 - change out of £10 for a Jazz drop link :D

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 09:23:08 AM »
Key parts are the same company group as Borg & Beck, so should be fine.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2020, 10:03:33 AM »
Just avoid the no-name ones on ebay, the balljoints are made of toffee.

Interesting point. On our other car, Astra, Ive just replaced the NSF drop link. The brand was "Key Parts", whoever they are, and came in a nice orange branded box at a cost of just £6.39 delivered. I have no idea how long it will last, but it felt well made as far as I could determine and has stopped the clonking noise.

Check out eBay item number: 233732383794 - change out of £10 for a Jazz drop link :D

Keyparts - Firstline - Borg & Beck are all the same parts, they are at the cheap end of the market, but seem fine - I've fitted quite a few Firstline parts over the years, a local motor factor supplied them until they closed down. Don't get too excited by the "Borg & Beck" name though, Firstline only bought the brand name.

I bought a pair of B&B droplinks for the old Jazz, I think they worked out around £16 for the pair, cheapest branded parts I could find at the time... one fitted seems to be holding up fine.

When I say "no-name", I mean the anonymous or sometimes supplier-branded ones that are sold on ebay and come in clear plastic bags. I don't know where they come from, but they really are junk.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2020, 10:33:28 AM »
 8) Thanks for the info. I feel a lot better about my bargain car part now! It has stopped the clonking, longevity of course unknown. Still not sure how they can deliver the boxed part to my door all for the price of a pint in London.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2020, 10:48:07 AM »
Still not sure how they can deliver the boxed part to my door all for the price of a pint in London.

No, the prices of some common aftermarket parts is incredible. They must make them for peanuts.

MartinJG

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2020, 01:30:35 PM »

Checked the prices and Delphi work out at £35.98 for 2 x parts from Allparts. Moog a bit more from Euro even with the Black Friday discount  8). The Delphi part is TC2620 but it is listed as a JazzMK3 part even though I have entered my own reg which is confirmed as MK2. I want to make sure there is no mix up. Is there a way of double checking the part number is OK?

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2020, 02:32:54 PM »

Checked the prices and Delphi work out at £35.98 for 2 x parts from Allparts. Moog a bit more from Euro even with the Black Friday discount  8). The Delphi part is TC2620 but it is listed as a JazzMK3 part even though I have entered my own reg which is confirmed as MK2. I want to make sure there is no mix up. Is there a way of double checking the part number is OK?

I think TC2620 is correct - it's the same part right through from 2009 to 2020, mk2 and mk3.

Online catalogue here

http://delphicat.com/

MartinJG

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2020, 07:18:18 PM »

I think TC2620 is correct - it's the same part right through from 2009 to 2020, mk2 and mk3.

Online catalogue here

http://delphicat.com/

Sparky P

Thanks for that feedback. I went ahead and bought the bits on pain of death if they turn out to be duds. It does seem they continued to use the same bars on the MK3 though.

Tags: