Author Topic: Delays to delivery  (Read 1604 times)

wifington

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Crosstar
Delays to delivery
« on: February 26, 2022, 01:06:17 PM »
One of my bucket list life goals has been to own a new car. Ordered a new surf blue Jazz Crosstar in January as a birthday treat, expected delivery 1st March. I've been on this site regularly just reading about the Jazz in general and have really valued everyone's posts and comments. You've all made me be excited to be a new Honda owner and not a 10 year old 3rd hand Ford owner for most of my driving life.

Was really excited as the date got closer. 2 weeks ago even picked my new 22 licence number and they confirmed it was still on target for 1st March.

Sadly had a phone call yesterday saying it'll be delayed until at least mid-April! I can't describe how disappointed I was. I wonder if the Ukraine invasion has had an impact on orders???

Anyway, I'll continue to read all your posts and just have to get into the excited count down mode I was in before.

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
Re: Delays to delivery
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 01:16:57 PM »
It will be worth it.
Go for more test drives at different dealers to get acclimatised!!

Beaver

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 02:20:10 PM »
I placed an order yesterday, for a Jazz EX, with an expected delivery date of June.
Black (because I'm not willing to pay either £600 or £800 for a different colour) with two-tone grey interior.

Jazzyone

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4 hybrid
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 04:54:29 PM »
Wifington,I was also given a number plate for an white SR for 19th February delivery. It was for one of 9 cars available for all dealers nationwide  Then had a call two days before to tell me no delivery until sometime in April. So don’t know what happened. But deal will be honoured and be a 22 plate. Sign of the times at the moment with the car industry it seems.

HybridFan

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: EX e:HEV
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2022, 11:08:20 AM »
I placed an order yesterday, for a Jazz EX, with an expected delivery date of June.
Black (because I'm not willing to pay either £600 or £800 for a different colour) with two-tone grey interior.

I did exactly the same, placed an order for a black EX in February and was told to expect it end of June. However, yesterday my dealer emailed me and attached a video of my new Jazz sitting on their forecourt. Apparently it just turned up on a loader with two other customers cars and they weren't even expecting a delivery! The salesman was in shock, he said this virtually never happens, it's always the other way round and he has to phone customers to tell them there will be delays. So, I should have my Jazz sometime next week. Total surprise and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Tags: