Author Topic: Whirring door mirror  (Read 1454 times)

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
Whirring door mirror
« on: April 22, 2021, 05:42:06 PM »
I noticed an odd whirring noise this morning which I finally tracked down to the passenger's (left) door mirror. Mine's an 08 Sport so has the powered heated mirrors with repeaters. Though it retracts it won't extend out again and so the motor runs constantly. The driver's side one works perfectly. That makes me think the mechanism from the motor driving one way is damaged such that it never gets to reach its limit switch. I strongly suspect it won't be repairable. If anyone wants to correct me on that I'd be happy to try taking it to bits sometime.

Meanwhile I've disconnected the mirror adjuster switch so at least it's not just running all the time. I would have removed a fuse but couldn't find it. The power mirrors don't appear on Haynes's wiring diagrams at all. The online diagram someone here kindly linked to say it's fuse 22 but there's nothing in fuse 22. Even so it all appears to be running off the same fuse so I don't suppose it makes a difference. (http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/00/SAA2E00000000000000EBAT00i010.HTML)

I do generally retract the mirrors about once a week when car parking space is limited [you can take the rant about oversized faux by 4's and lazy parking as read] maybe I'll see how inconvenient it is.

A quick look on ebay has turned up one from an SE in grey sparkle. Is £60 unreasonable?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353465512165?fits=Car+Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3AJazz%7CCars+Type%3A1.3+iDSi%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+II%7CCars+Year%3A2008%7CBodyStyle%3AFWD+II+GD_%2CGE2%2CGE3%7CVariant%3APetrol+Hatchback%7CEngine%3A1339cc+61KW+83HP+L13A1&hash=item524c2fb0e5:g:yuIAAOSw5rZgf-yS

"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Whirring door mirror
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 06:51:19 PM »
There are at least two wiring systems for Jazz door mirrors depending on the model so be very careful you get a matching one. I got one from a scrappy who used ebay and supplied pictures of the donor car. The one I bought was a matching colour and was gauranteed and cost £90. A new one from Honda in a matching colour is over £300.
The suppliers name was something like Quinetic or iQuentic, sorry I can't find the receipt.

Vic.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 06:53:39 PM by VicW »

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 08:13:30 PM »
Prices on eBay range from about £35-£95, so £60 I'd OK if it's the right colour and wiring plug. The wiring plug will either be white (CM? sticker on underside of mirror) or grey (V), check your mirror & buy the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 09:36:21 PM »
£60 sounds ok to me. I have sourced parts cheaper by looking on ebay at cars breaking and then giving them a call. Not all breakers list each car part. If you've half an hour to make some calls, it can pay dividend.

"oversized faux by 4's " - I might have to borrow that!!  :D

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 08:09:15 AM »
"oversized faux by 4's " - I might have to borrow that!!  :D
Best done in an 'Allo 'Allo accent.

I'll get in touch with them to see if it's the right type for me.
Thanks everyone.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 02:52:55 PM »
There are at least two wiring systems for Jazz door mirrors depending on the model so be very careful you get a matching one. I got one from a scrappy who used ebay and supplied pictures of the donor car. The one I bought was a matching colour and was gauranteed and cost £90. A new one from Honda in a matching colour is over £300.
The suppliers name was something like Quinetic or iQuentic, sorry I can't find the receipt.
Vic.

The company's name is Synetiq and can be found at www.synetiq.co.uk

Vic.

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 07:45:58 AM »
Thanks Vic. That's the eBay seller I found. Still waiting to hear back if it has the white CM sticker like mine.

Tags:

anything