Author Topic: Centre console  (Read 5483 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Centre console
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 11:06:58 AM »
Reviving this older armrest / centre console thread rather than starting a new one ( makes it easier to search ).

Got this link off Chris_music thread on mods he had done to his MK2 Si in gallery pictures and liked the look of it,  the lack of a front armrest in MK2 annoys me as I love the one in the Civic.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162722856720

This armrest appears to be the same one that started this thread anyway,  but from a different seller.  Takes about 2 weeks to arrive from PRC and for about  £35 it is not a bad - it does not require any fixing to the car so does not damage anything,  There is one available with red stitching and one with black - this is the black stitched one.

Extra useful storage space,  you can still use the round ashtray for your parking coins as it fits into cup holder on rear of armrest,  IMHO it is a useful addition that Honda should have fitted,  but hey-ho...

Have attached PDF with photos..

Main thing is it is shipped in 3 parts, you have to put 4 screws in ( supplied ) to attach an intermediate plate to the base,  ( do not overtighten the screws, just make them snug ) the top console bit slides onto that plate and can move about 2 inches front and back - it has a pattern of ridges on the base and a plastic sprung lever that clicks as you slide it along,  the console bit is a snug fit between front seats anyway so it will not randomly slide around. 

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 11:15:05 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Mo_1986

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 09 Jazz 1.4 EX
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 02:15:16 AM »
Reviving this older armrest / centre console thread rather than starting a new one ( makes it easier to search ).

Got this link off Chris_music thread on mods he had done to his MK2 Si in gallery pictures and liked the look of it,  the lack of a front armrest in MK2 annoys me as I love the one in the Civic.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162722856720

This armrest appears to be the same one that started this thread anyway,  but from a different seller.  Takes about 2 weeks to arrive from PRC and for about  £35 it is not a bad - it does not require any fixing to the car so does not damage anything,  There is one available with red stitching and one with black - this is the black stitched one.

Extra useful storage space,  you can still use the round ashtray for your parking coins as it fits into cup holder on rear of armrest,  IMHO it is a useful addition that Honda should have fitted,  but hey-ho...

Have attached PDF with photos..

Main thing is it is shipped in 3 parts, you have to put 4 screws in ( supplied ) to attach an intermediate plate to the base,  ( do not overtighten the screws, just make them snug ) the top console bit slides onto that plate and can move about 2 inches front and back - it has a pattern of ridges on the base and a plastic sprung lever that clicks as you slide it along,  the console bit is a snug fit between front seats anyway so it will not randomly slide around.

Going to order this, thanks for the link.  Will the existing armrest require removal for this one to fit?

John A

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz CVT
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 07:27:26 AM »
I ordered the same one as Culzean, from the same seller, came damaged. So, getting a replacement sent. Packaging wasn't that great I think, especially as it has to come over from China, so have a good look at it if you get one from them.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 02:14:15 PM »
Going to order this, thanks for the link.  Will the existing armrest require removal for this one to fit?

This thread actually starts with removing the existing fold down armrest to fit the centre console.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: