Author Topic: Front Fog lights  (Read 1596 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Front Fog lights
« on: February 13, 2018, 07:16:00 AM »
One of my wife's co-worker came in this morning complaining she had been pulled over by a traffic car and as a result was late for work. She had been following them for a mile or so and must have pi**ed them off with her front fog lights on. They took all her details, ran a licence check, then breathalysed her (all clear). They then had her sitting while they checked her tyres, the rest of her lights, ran a check on her insurance and MOT before sending her on her way with the warning that her fog lights should only be used in fog and falling snow. As you can imagine, she was well chuffed.
Just goes to show, it is not just me that gets the humph over numpties using front fog lamps for no good reason!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 09:57:51 AM by Jocko »

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Front Fog lights
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 08:57:30 AM »
Never give the police a reason to stop you,  once they stop a vehicle they tend to check everything.  If they do stop you don't get lippy either because they are only human and don't like a smart-ars3 any more than anyone else. 

As for using fogs when it is not foggy (and we rarely get fog these days,  may get a light mist which gives drivers of grey cars a chance to drive around with no lights on),  I know it is not right and I don't like people who use them but some of the DRL's on cars nowadays are much more annoying than fogs - and legal.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 09:33:42 AM »
One of my wife's co-worker came in this morning complaining she had been pulled over by a traffic car and as a result was late for work. She had been following them for a mile or so and must have pi**ed them off with her front fog lights on. They took all her details, ran a licence check, then breathalysed her (all clear). They then had her sitting while they checked her tyres, the rest of her lights, ran a check on her insurance and MOT before sending her on her way with the warning that her fog lights should only be used in fog and falling snow. As you can imagine. she was well chuffed.
Just goes to show, it is not just me that gets the humph over numpties using front fog lamps for no good reason!

Get the SE spec in the Jazz!! No fog lights at all!

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 12:07:06 PM »
Most forces have quotas to fill motorists are easy - hard luck

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 07:41:43 PM »
some of the DRL's on cars nowadays are much more annoying than fogs - and legal.

Front fog lights drive me potty, but that's very true - some of these DRLs are terrible.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 09:48:28 PM »
Most forces have quotas to fill motorists are easy - hard luck
They may have quotas but I would imagine the fact they just gave her a telling off won't count.

Tags:

anything