Author Topic: Actually Fuel Tank Capacity  (Read 14821 times)

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Actually Fuel Tank Capacity
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 07:18:47 PM »
It appears that the fuel light comes on when the car has about 8 litres left. This was marketed to me as a "reserve" by the sales guy in the dealership.

This is about normal for the Jazz and I think it is mentioned somewhere in the driver's handbook. I am on my fifth Jazz and all have been the same as I have tested them to check the low level light although I don't generally let my fuel get that low.

Vic.

longlegpete

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Better Half's Jazz Sport 1.4 2007, MY Jazz 1.4 Ex 2009 And Another 1.4EX 2009
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2016, 10:53:17 AM »
On filling my other 2009 ex jazz with 130 miles left on the computer it took all but 29lts of fuel,  this is quite different to my other ex which was showing 90 miles left and taking 26lts of fuel,  both were showing an average of around 54mpg on the trip meter.

i realise there will be a few variables so i guess its for you to get used to your car and for most of the time its not that important, but dont assume if you are down to nearly 0 miles left you still have somewhere around 8 lts in reserve!

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2016, 12:13:10 PM »
I reset the trip each time I fill up and it should do well over 400 miles - indeed the range will show 450ish.

It's very annoying to have the low fuel light come on at 300 miles.  Of course you could risk it down to the wire, but you'd feel such a clot saying you ignored the low fuel light!

RizlaP

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2012(62) Jazz EX 1.4 i-VTEC CVT
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2018, 09:09:50 AM »
Just had my Jazz a week now and I filled up with only 13 miles left on the range only managed to get 32 litres in to the tank.
This promoted me to search the forum see if this the same for everyone. My fuel low light came on at 25 miles left so doing a rough calculation I guesstimate about I could get about 100 miles from the the point the light comes on. 

Tags:

anything