Author Topic: Chris_Music - 2005 Jazz Sport in Vivid Blue Pearl  (Read 49224 times)

guest2115

Re: Chris_Music - 2005 Jazz Sport in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2011, 02:40:22 PM »
Hi chris, just wana know how is the replica mugen wind deflector is going?
as i was planning on purchasing one but wernt sure,
i know the genuine mugen ones comes with clips aswel
as them ones are only held on by 3m tape, is that strong enough to hold while going fast and in strong winds?

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2011, 07:30:38 PM »
Hi chris, just wana know how is the replica mugen wind deflector is going?
as i was planning on purchasing one but wernt sure,
i know the genuine mugen ones comes with clips aswel
as them ones are only held on by 3m tape, is that strong enough to hold while going fast and in strong winds?

Deflectors are great, not had any problems with them, they aren't going anywhere!

3M tape is more than enough to hold them on. The standard Honda badges on your car are held on by the same stuff, and they seem to stay on pretty well :P. Just be sure you clean the surface with alcohol first and be sure to get it right first time, as I heard of a guy who bought the kit, and put it on wrong, so he took it off and re fitted it, but it blew off in the wind later. Thats because the 3M forms a bond to the surface its stuck to, so it doesn't come off, but if you break that bond, it wont stick the same, so be sure you get it right first time!

Hope that helps!

guest765

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2011, 08:39:38 AM »
I like the arm rest....old farts need things like that  :D......can these be bought in the UK ?  ???

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2011, 12:01:15 PM »
I like the arm rest....old farts need things like that  :D......can these be bought in the UK ?  ???

Who you calling old fart, I'm 23 :P! lol.

I dont know if they can be bough from a UK seller, but I would expect a huge markup from a UK seller!
I had no problem buying mine from China, it arrived in about a week with no customs charges and was well packaged :D!

SuperCNJ

• Approved Member
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2011, 05:55:14 PM »
Nice mods - I have pretty much done the same with my wife's Jazz Sport with a few additions, HID, LED's all round, parking sensors, T1R Carbon Fibre filter and a few more bits and bobs. But your alloys are in amazing condition. We have the same but they have started to bubble around the cap :(

Reading your thread has inspired me to take a few pics of our Jazz - when it comes back from repair (some silly lady drove into the side of us >:( )

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2011, 08:49:31 PM »
UPDATE

Weather was nice on the weekend, so I finally got around to painting my Calipers!

Halfords had a nice Blue paint that I thought matched the paint work well:

Gave the brakes a quick clean before painting:

After painting:

Left it over night to dry before I put on some 'Honda' Caliper stickers", I also Painted the H centre cap blue:

I also got hold of some Mugen badges off eBay, just to make the car look abit sportier:

I cant really see my self doing more to the car to be honest. I will be getting a flat soon with the gf, so all money is reserved for housing costs for a while.

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2011, 12:02:51 AM »
Looking good Chris  8)

However, not keen on the Mugen badges but each on their own.

imo, the badges should only be on if there are proper Mugen parts on your car

guest2040

« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2011, 07:31:32 PM »
Great looking car, might be down to halfords to buy some paint at the weekend. :)

guest2898

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2011, 08:42:59 PM »
What started out as a great looking car has ended up looking a fantastic looking one! very tastifully modded jazz sport... i like.. i like it a lot (so does my wife..) top job, well done...  ;D

guest2928

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2011, 08:10:18 PM »
I'm sorry to sound like an idiot; but how do those Mugen pedals attach? I've never really considered them before. I just wanted to know if it was easy enough to do? I'm not particularly DIY orientated. Thanks guys  :)

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2011, 01:23:31 PM »
I'm sorry to sound like an idiot; but how do those Mugen pedals attach? I've never really considered them before. I just wanted to know if it was easy enough to do? I'm not particularly DIY orientated. Thanks guys  :)

The clutch and brake are 3M double sided tape with a screw plate to secure it, and the accelerator pedal needs to be screwed into the existing pedal. I would suggest only screwing in the top two screws, as you wont notice the holes as much when you take off the pedal (if you want to) and you only really need 2 screws to hold it in place to be honest.

The job is pretty east, its just abit fiddly.

Good luck!

guest2928

« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2011, 01:29:41 PM »

The clutch and brake are 3M double sided tape with a screw plate to secure it, and the accelerator pedal needs to be screwed into the existing pedal. I would suggest only screwing in the top two screws, as you wont notice the holes as much when you take off the pedal (if you want to) and you only really need 2 screws to hold it in place to be honest.

The job is pretty east, its just abit fiddly.

Good luck!

Thanks, Chris. I shall get ordering a set now. I purchased my K&N air filter from eBay. It arrived this morning but isn't the right size. I rung the car shop who sold it to me (same as you) and they said K&N don't make an air filter for the '05 Sport.  >:(  I can certainly see they do, after admiring yours on this thread! After much debate and links to this forum they agreed. Right one should be delivered soon.

Thanks again.  :)

guest2915

« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2012, 10:48:44 AM »
Such an awesome colour Chris!

guest3357

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2013, 11:17:15 PM »
hi chris do you still have this car?

PM me!.

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter