Author Topic: Chris_Music - 2005 Jazz Sport in Vivid Blue Pearl  (Read 48593 times)

Chris_Music

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si
Re: Chris_Music - 2005 Jazz Sport in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 03:07:21 PM »
K&N Filter Arrived Today!

Compared to the original Honda One:
(The Original was much dirtier, but I gave both the pollen and air filter a good hoover out when I first bought the car):

Snug Fit:

Just to make sure a Garage doesn't try to replace it :P:

I am hoping to have a lot of deliveries in the next couple of weeks (mainly from China), so I will post updates as they arrive!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 03:39:03 PM by Chris_Music »

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 09:46:04 PM »
After you I`m planning to buy a similar K&N filter but first of all do you feel any performance/reaction difference on the car with this filter?
Did you buy it here: http://www.performance-filters.co.uk/ ?

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2011, 10:43:47 PM »
After you I`m planning to buy a similar K&N filter but first of all do you feel any performance/reaction difference on the car with this filter?
Did you buy it here: http://www.performance-filters.co.uk/ ?

I havent actually driven the car since fitting it, lol! I don't really do a huge amount of driving to be honest, so it probably wont be driven until Tuesday, and that will be a short journey, but next sunday Im going up to north london, so I will see if I notice any difference and I will post my findings on here!

And I bought my filter from a company on eBay for £33.34 Delivered, they were the cheapest I could find: LINK
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:47:52 PM by Chris_Music »

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 08:55:21 PM »
Thanks for the info!
Usually I`m covering just over 3000 miles a month so it may be beneficial to me if I was invest in one.

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 09:13:52 PM »
Did abit of driving today and the car "seems" to pull abit better, but this could be the placebo effect. As for Extra MPG, I will have to do more extensive testing. I am going to start using Shell V-power from now on, so the new MPG will be with that!

Thanks for the info!
Usually I`m covering just over 3000 miles a month so it may be beneficial to me if I was invest in one.

----- Double Post Prevention - new post below: 1300828482 -----
Spoiler Arrived Today!!

Its a pretty good copy to be honest. They moulded the original Honda spoiler and just made copies from that, so the fitment is spot on.

You can even see the old Honda Logo on it, and there are other numbers and marks from the original spoiler!

The cheapest Iv been quoted over the phone for painting and fitting was £100, so lets hope they dont have to do much work to it to get it prepped for painting. The corner was slightly damaged in transit. I will ask the body shop if this is going to up the price, if it does, I will ask the seller to give me some money off because of the damage!

Mugen Replica Wind deflectors are stuck in customs at the moment, and my Arm rest is in Hong Kong ready for export. Also got a Genuine DC2 gear-knob on the way, I couldn't get on with the replica one!

More Updates soon!
----- Double Post Prevention - new post below: 1300955968 -----
I am sending the spoiler back tomorrow.
The fitment maybe perfect, but the actual quality of the spoiler is quite poor, so most body-shops quoted me a lot more money because of the prep work that was needed to get it in a paintable condition. it would have cost me £200-250 to have it painted and fitted, and I could get a brand new pre painted spoiler for £294, So I will just keep an eye out for a Jazz with a spoiler being broken!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:39:28 AM by Chris_Music »

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 08:27:37 AM »
My Armrest Arrived today :D

Not bad piece of kit for £26 :P! a genuine Honda arm rest console is well over £200 :O, but in fairness, that is a complete new console, while this is just an arm rest.

No armrest

Arm rest in place

4 Simple screws to secure it in place

With the tray

Fitted

Secret rear cup holder

A brilliant little purchase, I think all Jazz owners should buy one of these, they are really nice to have, and dont get in the way of the hand brake, like the other "generic" armrests.

The colour isnt a perfect match in the pictures, but in real life, its not really very noticeable, and its not bad quality either.

Wind deflectors have just cleared customs, so they should hopefully be here tomorrow :D!

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 10:52:08 AM »
Some good progress there Chris.

Really like that arm rest and bargin price!

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 05:29:03 PM »
Some good progress there Chris.

Really like that arm rest and bargin price!

Cheers gary, they do arm rests for the GE as well, but they hang over the console and IMO, really look out of place, and not flush with the interior!

A Package arrived from China today, I wonder what it could be ;D

Mugen Wind Deflectors (Replica :P)

Also my genuine Honda DC2 Gear-Knob arrived as well

Fitted

The genuine gear knob is soooo much better than that replica I had, its really comfortable and much nicer to use! Genuine Honda never disappoints!

Wind deflectors will have to wait till I go to my parents house and can give the car a good clean before I fit them :P!

Thats it for updates for now, Im hopefully going to get a new set of Mats for the Jazz soon, but until I can get a spoiler, there wont be any more buying to be done :P!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 10:37:15 AM by Chris_Music »

guest1817

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2011, 06:34:14 PM »

heh, i spy you on another forum im sure of it, CivicLife!

Jazz is coming along nicely, Glad to see you getting on nicely with it...

Ive just been given the go ahead from the boss so i can get started on finding the jazz i want!

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2011, 07:57:26 PM »
Yep thats me, Used to own a Civic.

Which Jazz are you after?

heh, i spy you on another forum im sure of it, CivicLife!

Jazz is coming along nicely, Glad to see you getting on nicely with it...

Ive just been given the go ahead from the boss so i can get started on finding the jazz i want!

Some more Updates!!

Modified my rear wiper to sit in the upright position, rather than down (GUIDE):

I also bought some Touch up Paint for my alloy wheels from Honda

Before

After

Before

After

It hides it quite well, and from a distance you honestly cant tell!

And of course, I fitted my Replica Mugen Wind Deflectors :D!

The car is almost finished, I just need a rear spoiler and a set of new Mats and it will be complete :D!
----- Double Post Prevention - new post below: 1301852758 -----
I took some better pictures today, after I gave the car a good wax and polish :D

I cant wait till I get a rear spoiler for it! It badly needs one!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 06:45:59 PM by Chris_Music »

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 11:01:12 PM »
I Finally got a hold of some decent second hand car mats from eBay! Iv been waiting for ages for a decent set to come up at a cheap price :P!

Out with the Old

And in with the Slightly Used :P

The new mats could do with a good shampoo to get out all the soiling, but I will do that when I have some more time! Im just grateful to not have a hole in my mat now :P!

----- Double Post Prevention - new post below: 1302691328 -----

I really like the standard Enkei wheels on my Jazz, but to me they looked too standard! So I bought some Enkei Decals to make them look abit more aftermarket :P!

I might get some Enkei Centre caps, Iv not decided! I think the Honda ones are not too bad anyway, as they are the same colour as the wheels and don't particularly stand out!

This is the Stingy mans modifying :P!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 11:42:31 AM by Chris_Music »

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 05:57:15 PM »
Major Update

After the poor experience I had with the replica spoiler I purchased, I decided to go on the hunt for a genuine Honda spoiler. But the UK spoiler was only an optional extra, and very few people ticked that box when buying a Jazz, so my only other option was to buy it new, which, when I got quoted from a discount Honda distributer, would be £170 unpainted or £250 pre-painted, then I would need to have it fitted. I didnt really fancy paying these prices, but It would be near to impossible to get hold of a used one!

But it was shortly after that I realised I had made a really stupid mistake >:( ! When I was looking at Modified Jazz's, I was looking purely at the US market, as they are the leaders in this field, and I had failed to spot that their spoilers are actually completely different to the UK one. The US and JDM market spoiler has little points at the end which make it look more like the EK9 spoiler, but the UK one is basically a tray that curves at the ends to follow the body curves, which I really didn't like as much.

After finding out this information, I set about trying to get hold of a USDM spoiler, as the USDM spoiler is exactly the same as the JDM spoiler but the JPY is too high at the moment and the USD is at a low against the GBP. I was lucky enough to find a guy on FitFreaks.net, who had just bought him self a Mugen Spoiler, and he had his standard spoiler just sitting around, and seeing as all the Honda Fit Sports come standard with the spoiler in the US, he didn't think he would be able to sell it. I was lucky enough that it was in the same blue (Vivid Blue Pearl) as my Jazz. So we talked, and he agreed to sell it to me and send it to the UK.

Well six days later, and no custom charge :D, it arrived in perfect condition! After having the genuine artefact, you can really appreciate the quality and the craft Honda put into their products! Plus the ABS plastic is so light, it barely weighs anything!

USDM/JDM Honda Fit Sport Spoiler

Heres it when I got it:

I took it to my local bodyshop and nearly fainted when they told me how much it would cost to fit it (£70), But I checked around a couple of others and they were a lot more! I guess because they have to cut off and sand down the 3 centre studs, drill 2 threaded holes, paint the holes so they don't rust, align it all up and bond it on, so I guess its alright.

Heres it fitted:
It really finishes the car off I think :P!

As far as I know, Im the only person in the UK with this spoiler on their Jazz :D!

I also thought I would see what the H on my centre caps would look like blue, so I got my trusty blue marker out and coloured them in :P!

I will do a better job when I have some more time :D!

I will get some better pictures of the car with the spoiler on when the weather is a bit sunnier.

I dont really have any more plans for the car. At some point I will sand down and repaint the callipers, as they look pretty rusty round the edges. Im sure I will find a few little things to do, but I doubt I will be doing anything major to it like lowering it or putting new wheels on.

Im happy with the way it looks with the spoiler on now :)!

guest1874

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2011, 12:32:24 AM »
nice additions mate!!! the enkei stickers do make the alloys stand out a little more! nice touch! i may follow in ur footstop! was gonna get some rotas or some 2nd hand alloys but maybe should keep my wheels as it is and wrap it in some nice rubber and be done! did u order the decals from ebay???

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 09:17:19 AM »
nice additions mate!!! the enkei stickers do make the alloys stand out a little more! nice touch! i may follow in ur footstop! was gonna get some rotas or some 2nd hand alloys but maybe should keep my wheels as it is and wrap it in some nice rubber and be done! did u order the decals from ebay???

Cheers mate, Yea I want to get Enkei RPF1's, but I just cant justify spending that kind of money on my Jazz, so I set about making the standard wheels look more aftermarket, as they do look pretty good I think!
I got them for £1.49 from here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280656982963&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Looking good looks like mine. Our spoilers here in Thailand for the 05 GDs have there mounting points. Two on the ends like yours and one in the middle and the bolts have little trapdoor like covers that pop on and off to get at the bolts.

I think this spoiler is the same as the one thats on your Jazz, we unfortunately didn't get offered this spoiler :(! But it worked out much much cheaper buying this one from the US, than buying the UK spoiler from Honda, and it looks much nicer in my opinion :D!

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2011, 11:08:04 AM »
Nice progress Chris.

Really liking that USDM spoiler- really sets it off nicely  8)

Tags: