Author Topic: Looking to buy a CVT 1.4 Jazz EX - advice please  (Read 515 times)

JamtartJazzman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz XE Navi
Looking to buy a CVT 1.4 Jazz EX - advice please
« on: July 28, 2020, 05:27:12 PM »
Evening all

Sorry - posted in wrong section.  Can a Mod move please?

I currently drive a Civic ctdi (the one with the Isuzu engine) and am pretty happy with it. However, I need to switch to an auto and am considering a 2014 Jazz (Milano Red, I believe.)  So, I know the car will be reliable - it's a Honda - but looking for info from owners re ...

1.  Service interval.  The car has 17k miles and the last service looks to be some 3k miles ago.

2.  The red colour rather puts me off - does it fade?

3.  Any particular reliability issues e.g re switchgear - it seems to have a lot! (And where on earth is the switch for the sunroof blind.)

4.  Real world mpg.

Any other advice?

Many thanks.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 05:50:22 PM by JamtartJazzman »

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Looking to buy a CVT 1.4 Jazz EX - advice please
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 07:14:00 PM »
1. The service interval is 12.5k or 12 months but it may be still on the computer organised servicing schedule. Most dealers switch that off because they see less of the car for servicing and hence lose money.

2.Don't know, my Milano Red one didn't.

3.No reliability problems. The sunblind switch is alongside the map light switches above the rear view mirror.

4.  48mpg

As it is a CVT be aware that the service interval for its oil change is 2yrs or 25K miles whichever is the soonest and you must only use Honda oil.

Vic.

Tags: