Author Topic: Blonde moment.  (Read 1542 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Blonde moment.
« on: October 19, 2018, 11:23:04 AM »
Before I relate my tale I want to make it clear I have nothing against blondes or female drivers of any persuasion. I have been driven by many competent women, over the years. Both my daughter and step daughter are very competent drivers

As I brought my wife home from work I negotiate a small, flowery, roundabout, where three roads join. To my right was a blonde lady in the outside lane, but signalling left. She had either got into the wrong lane or changed her mind. Traffic was streaming up on her inside, to turn left, and no one was letting her in. She was sitting with the indicator going and staring over her left shoulder.
She didn't have the savvy just to drive round the roundabout! Even my wife, a blonde, non driver, asked me why she wasn't doing that.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Blonde moment.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 11:27:54 AM »
Before I relate my tale I want to make it clear I have nothing against blondes or female drivers of any persuasion. I have been driven by many competent women, over the years. Both my daughter and step daughter are very competent drivers

As I brought my wife home from work I negotiate a small, flowery, roundabout, where three roads join. To my right was a blonde lady in the outside lane, but signalling left. She had either got into the wrong lane or changed her mind. Traffic was streaming up on her inside, to turn left, and no one was letting her in. She was sitting with the indicator going and staring over her left shoulder.
She didn't have the savvy just to drive round the roundabout! Even my wife, a blonde, non driver, asked me why she wasn't doing that.

BMW and Audi drivers have the same problem with going around again,  they just force their way into their chosen exit without a signal though...
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 12:35:56 PM »
BMW and Audi drivers have the same problem with going around again,  they just force their way into their chosen exit without a signal though...

I saw a story the other day in another forum where a guy got caught in the wrong lane so did the circumnavigate the roundabout thing.  He said his London based girlfriend thought he was mad and she couldn't understand why, if he wanted to go left, he didn't just dive left from where he was.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 01:34:51 PM »
I, semi regularly, had to cross a dual carriageway in Greenock. There was no central refuge and as it was the main A8 into the town you were waiting on getting a break in four lanes of traffic.
My solution was to turn left, drive down to the first roundabout, and come back up the other carriageway. The first time I did it with my then partner in the car she said, "That was a long road for a short cut". I said it would be if we were walking, but we are both sat on our ar$es, in comfort, so what's the hassle. It was safe, not the least stressful, and in my opinion a great solution to the problem. She was forced to agree (not something she did very often!).

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 03:02:10 PM »
The roundabout thing reminds me of when my cousin and her (late) husband came over to visit us from the USA in 2004. As you know there are not that many roundabouts in the States (and none where they came from). I arranged a hire car for them and it was on the other side of the notorious Bridge Foot roundabout in the middle of Warrington (6 exits). They were going from us to Nottingham so I offered them a follow my leader thing to get them through the roundabout and on to the M6. My cousin's husband declined saying he would have to master roundabouts at some stage.

I phoned them later that day after they had arrived in Nottingham. 7 times they went round the roundabout!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 07:45:11 PM »
I will often turn left instead of a difficult right and use an island to get back to where I was heading. Will also turn left and take next right side road and a U-turn back onto main road and left again. 
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 10:02:02 AM »
A blonde woman was speeding down the road in her little red sports car and was pulled over by a female police officer, who was also a blonde.

The officer asked to see the lady's driver's license. She dug through her purse and was getting progressively more agitated.

"What does it look like?" she finally asked.

The policewoman replied, "It's square and it has your picture on it."

The driver finally found a mirror in her purse, looked at it and handed it to the policewoman. "Here it is," she said.

The officer looked at the mirror, then handed it back saying, "Okay, you can go. I didn't realize you were a cop."

Tags:

anything