Author Topic: Cassette deck keeps ejecting adaptor.  (Read 2072 times)

Goldfynche

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Silver 2002 Jazz SE 1.4
Cassette deck keeps ejecting adaptor.
« on: October 03, 2018, 06:21:26 PM »
I only acquired my Jazz last Friday so I’m still getting used to it. The radio has a cassette player and we intended to play music via a cassette adaptor, connected to a CD player or an iPhone. But for some reason, the radio keeps ejecting the adaptor! Any thoughts or suggestions?
You will never get a second chance of a first impression

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Cassette deck keeps ejecting adaptor.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 06:32:37 PM »
I found the same with my Volvo. The adaptor mechanism is too tight, so the cassette player thinks the tape is binding, and spits it out. Nothing wrong with the cassette player. I stripped my adaptor and lubricated everything with silicone spray, then assembled it loosely. It worked for a few weeks, then started to bind again. I gave up on the iPod and went back to playing CDs (at least I had that option).

Goldfynche

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 09:46:36 AM »
It worked perfectly well in my previous car, a Peugeot 307. Also coincidently did my cigarette lighter multi extension lead, used for my satnav and dash cam. But I had to replace it yesterday because the lead came out of the side of the plug and wouldn’t allow it to enter into the socket far enough. I had to buy a new one where the lead came out of the end of the plug! Ah well! Little niggles.

Goldfynche

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 04:12:50 PM »
Ok. I gave the drive mechanism & the spools a tiny spray of WD40 and that seems to have done the trick.

Tags:

anything