Author Topic: Technical difference with the latest Mk 3 Jazz  (Read 9922 times)

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
Re: Technical difference with the latest Mk 3 Jazz
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2018, 10:22:35 PM »
My 15reg ES+ had the silly, three blink, pain in the neck.

My 18reg EX Navi, doesn't seem to have it installed...... Thankfully!
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

guest4871

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2018, 11:07:19 PM »

So the 18 reg 1.5 Sport has this three blink "lane change function" but the 18 reg EX Navi doesn't?

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2018, 11:17:31 PM »

So the 18 reg 1.5 Sport has this three blink "lane change function" but the 18 reg EX Navi doesn't?

I've "looked" for it..... But. It doesn't seem to function. Not the way, the ES+ did.

I'll try it out, tomorrow. If I remember......
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2018, 08:14:16 AM »
Both my 16 SE and 18 Sport models had / have the function.

JazzyJJ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 EX CVT
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2018, 08:20:11 AM »
The 2018 Ex DOES HAVE it but it’s not as defined as it could be in terms of activating it. I got the knack of it at one point - a gentle press & release and it comes on for 3 blinks (should be 4 imo) - but on my last trip I just did it manual every time. There shouldn’t be a knack. On my brothers Audi it feels more natural.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 08:22:54 AM by JazzyJJ »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2018, 08:35:19 AM »
I commented before that I am surprised that the official mpg figures for the 1.5 are nearly 10% worse than the 1.3.
I'm also surprised by this difference given that my 1.5vHR-V mpg is no more than 15% thirstier than the 1.3 Mk 3 which I had for one year before trading it in for the HR-V. One possible factor is that if the mechanical parts of the drive train are identical between the HR-V and 1.5 Jazz then the smaller wheels on the Jazz means that engine will be running faster for a given speed. It's also possible that the Jazz Sport ECU has been programmed differently but sensibly there should be an Eco button to provide a more economical cruising option.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2018, 09:06:52 AM »
OK. I think you are losing me here.

What is a "One touch turn signal"?. Isn't that when you use the indicator stalk and it self cancels?

No, it is when you flick the indicator stalk without moving it far enough to turn the indicators on. You just move it until you feel resistance and then let it return to the off position.

Does the indicator stay on when you do this? How does it cancel? I thought it self cancelled?

The indicator stalk does not move to the normal detent where it needs to cancel,  you just push it slightly and the timing for 3 blinks is electronic,  I never use it because I think you need more than 3 blinks when changing lane in traffic,  and if no traffic why indicate anyway.  I am with Jocko and hate the way when you use normal indicators to go around a corner and they self cancel you very often find that the stalk has gone far enough the other way to put the opposite indicator on for 3 blinks (just as you straighten up from one corner your indicators tell other road users you are turning the other way WTF ! ).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2018, 09:13:43 AM »
I am with Jocko and hate the way when you use normal indicators to go around a corner and they self cancel you very often find that the stalk has gone far enough the other way to put the opposite indicator on for 3 blinks (just as you straighten up from one corner your indicators tell other road users you are turning the other way WTF ! ).

I have never experienced this!

Sounds dangerous, perhaps something needs adjusting?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 09:22:16 AM by mikebore »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2018, 09:29:59 AM »
I am with Jocko and hate the way when you use normal indicators to go around a corner and they self cancel you very often find that the stalk has gone far enough the other way to put the opposite indicator on for 3 blinks (just as you straighten up from one corner your indicators tell other road users you are turning the other way WTF ! ).

Yeah the brains at Honda design need adjusting.  It does not happen every time,  but often enough to be annoying,  happens on Civic as well so I doubt it is a malfunction.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2018, 09:41:42 AM »

Not seen this once in over 30,000 miles.  I like the 3 flash mechanism (but agree it should probably be 4), it has been fitted to a lot of cars for several years now.  I also indicate every time, even if I think the road is clear.  I was taught that way for good reason.  The time you miss seeing something is when you will cause an crash.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2018, 09:49:11 AM »
Agree with you Colins.
Do it right every time and then you don't get into bad habits.
After all there are enough nutters already on the roads, their numbers don't need adding to.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2018, 09:51:17 AM »
I had that happen to me a few times when I first got my Mk2 Jazz but only until I was used to it. It's never happened with my Mk3.

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2018, 09:55:53 AM »

Yeah the brains at Honda design need adjusting.  It does not happen every time,  but often enough to be annoying,  happens on Civic as well so I doubt it is a malfunction.

I would suggest the Civic needs adjusting too! It really should not do this.
Not seen on any car including 120,000 miles on three Jazzes.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2018, 10:04:18 AM »

Not seen this once in over 30,000 miles.  I like the 3 flash mechanism (but agree it should probably be 4), it has been fitted to a lot of cars for several years now.  I also indicate every time, even if I think the road is clear.  I was taught that way for good reason.  The time you miss seeing something is when you will cause an crash.
Unfortunately most people who haven't been through an advanced driving course misunderstand this advice. They seem to think that it's an attempt to 'save effort' or perhaps to prolong the life of the indicator bulbs, and it isn't. 'Not indicating when it isn't needed' is a poor way of explaining it which is perhaps where the confusion comes from.

The reasoning behind it is that before you execute a maneuver you should ensure that you are fully aware of your surroundings and other road users. If that leads you to conclude that no-one would benefit from your indication then don't bother doing it. Why would you? The only reason in that scenario would be if, after performing your check, you weren't sure. In that case you shouldn't execute the maneuver.

Another problem is that people can get into the habit of 'indicate and go' without properly assessing what's around them. The purpose of this advice is to encourage drivers to indicate because someone needs to know what they are doing rather than out of habit.

There is also an element of minimising distractions. Indicators are designed to catch the eye so an unnecessary indication is a distraction and distractions cause accidents.

In practice I find that it's rare on today's busy roads for an indicator not to be required but on dual carriageways and motorways it's still often superfluous.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2018, 10:18:24 AM »
Thank you for pulling this all together andruec.  I think the salient point is about advanced drivers and the problem is that most drivers think they are above average, or even advanced.  I consider myself as below average so that mathematically, some of you can be above average.

I wasn't advocating not checking your surroundings etc. but the plain truth is that somewhen you will miss seeing something.  That is when you are likely to cause a crash (no such thing as accidents) and I think indicating may just avoid that.

Tags: