Author Topic: Mk3 Auto stop/anti collision feature  (Read 1251 times)

donerkebab

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE
Mk3 Auto stop/anti collision feature
« on: April 19, 2018, 02:54:49 PM »
Not saying a good idea but was testing this feature out after it cut in after someone didn't move into roundabout even though fully clear.  :o

It seems very inconsistent to me - so above 3 -10 MPH then 2-3 meters in front to activate. Testing with my garage door  :-\ I get it kicking it 3 meters out but need to above 5MPH yet that roundabout situation don't think the car in front was more than 2 meters in front when it kicked in.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: Mk3 Auto stop/anti collision feature
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 04:43:56 PM »
I had it once when someone entering a roundabout forgot they had a trailer. I allowed for that and stopped just fine (with some foul language) but when the trailer was half way across my front I put my foot down knowing it'd be clear before I reached it. The car disagreed and slammed the brakes on almost immediately, along with lots of beeping and flashing on the dash.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 06:32:50 PM »
Periodically I visit a customer where I have to drive up to a drop down barrier and press an intercom button for them to let me in.  It always cuts in then and always surprises me  :o

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 09:02:12 PM »
Periodically I visit a customer where I have to drive up to a drop down barrier and press an intercom button for them to let me in.  It always cuts in then and always surprises me  :o
I park my car in the garage overnight. You should hear the bells and whistles when I drive in and out. Although as I mentioned once before it might be better if they came over the speakers as they are sometimes hard to hear over my music.

Tags: