Author Topic: Passenger seat height - parts info  (Read 2339 times)

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
Passenger seat height - parts info
« on: December 02, 2022, 09:46:40 AM »
From a post back in July:
"However, I have fitted (with my insurance approval) kits that raise both seats 35mm and the driving position is a lot better."

Any information on these kits, are the Honda approved?

PaulC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz eHEV Luxe
Re: Passenger seat height - parts info
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 07:04:32 PM »
Yes, I am interested in more information about this.
The current low passenger seat height makes it difficult for me to get in and out of the Jazz.

Jazzyone

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4 hybrid
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 10:39:24 PM »
 I would imagine that any car motability centre would be able to help you with what you wanting to do in raising the seat. Must be worth looking into.

aphybrid

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2022, 07:59:49 AM »
I would imagine that any car motability centre would be able to help you with what you wanting to do in raising the seat. Must be worth looking into.

Excellent idea, for some. those that can should evaluate this route.
I would feel as if taking advantage of motability purpose, and doubt if it would be free.

Raising the seat is required as my wife who is fully able, (as I am) finds the seat just too low for visibility. I also do not find the seat cushion we use just now very aesthetically pleasing - didn't buy car to have strap on extras that just do not litterally 'sit well' with the design.

Looking for advice now on how to remove plastic covers on the rail fixings - anyone done this?

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2022, 09:50:10 AM »
If they are similar to the Civic design then easy to clip on but a *** to get off.

These are the Civic ones :

Let's be careful out there !

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2022, 10:58:31 AM »
I worry that altering seat height using non approved parts may allow an insurer to get out of paying a claim.
I'd be interested to hear what our resident Adrian Flux contact has to say about this.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 11:00:57 AM by Neil Ives »
Neil Ives

aphybrid

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2022, 01:00:09 PM »
I worry that altering seat height using non approved parts may allow an insurer to get out of paying a claim.
I'd be interested to hear what our resident Adrian Flux contact has to say about this.

checked  with dealer spares dept - Honda  do not offer any means of raising seat height.

yooser

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: EX Style in red.
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2022, 02:41:03 PM »
Hello,
I've noticed another set of seat risers which are on sale at SR Autoshop , www.srautoshop.com.
These are not specifically for the Jazz but fit other Honda models,they have a different approach to raising the
seat, I'm trying to find out dimensions so I could make my own !
Regards Neale.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2022, 02:45:24 PM »
It a real pity that Honda don’t fit height adjustable passenger seats as standard. It can’t cost much as by making both left hand and right hand drive models they will have the “bits” from the drivers seat height adjuster. It just seems obtuse!!

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2022, 02:47:11 PM »
I'm not in the UK at the moment  but when I searched the aliexpress site which aphybrid quoted  as £52.82  the site came up in German , and the price was £25.58  :o        But even  £25.58 seems expensive to me for 4 bolts and collars. . 
I dont know the exact sizes of spacer and bolts  but a quick search on fleabay  I think I could could get  suitable aluminium 'stand off' spacer collars  ,(in a choice of heights )and suitable allen screws  for about £15 from uk suppliers.   possibly even in black anodized aluminium.   

But has anyone actually done this modification on a mk4 ?  . The adverts for the kit show an illustration  indicating  its only suitable when all 4 rail mountings are on a simple  flat floor.   I cant access my car at present  but IIRC the rear two  are not on an entirely  flat floor and may be quite complex.  It might be possible  but personally I wouldnt want to spend significant cash without being sure .   And sure it wouldnt invalidate my insurance.  (or even fail the MOT when the time comes, although thats unlikely unless it looks a complete dogs dinner)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 03:03:42 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2022, 03:28:21 PM »

checked  with dealer spares dept - Honda  do not offer any means of raising seat height.
So, it cannot be an approved modification. Buyer beware!
Neil Ives

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2022, 05:13:01 PM »
It a real pity that Honda don’t fit height adjustable passenger seats as standard. It can’t cost much as by making both left hand and right hand drive models they will have the “bits” from the drivers seat height adjuster. It just seems obtuse!!
Agree entirely. Unnecessary penny pinching when the demographic that typically buys a Honda Jazz would rate seat height and associated accessibility as important. 

Tags: