Author Topic: Service Costs  (Read 1229 times)

NathanC67

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Mk 3
Service Costs
« on: August 15, 2022, 05:49:29 PM »
My 4 year Service is due in November for my 68 plate EX 1.3 i-VTEC CVT Honda Jazz. I've only had it for 7 months so not had to have it serviced as yet.

I got a quote from my Honda Dealer today, and they said it included oil and filter change, pollen filter change and CVT oil change (as every 2 years).

What price should I be looking at? I'm not going to post the quote received as yet. I did mention I was going to be shopping around, so they adjusted it down a little, but stressed they would use all genuine Honda parts of course. But I'm interested in what the cost range is. It's not something that I would consider DIYing.

I'm likely to ask for a quote from Kwikfit and also a small independent that was recommended. I'd probably go with the dealer if the difference is not that great.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
Re: Service Costs
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 06:08:07 PM »
If you use a Honda dealer you can ask for free Honda Roadside Assistance for the next 12 months which might save you paying separately for breakdown cover.

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 06:31:51 PM »
I wouldn’t let Kwikfit service a pram.

NathanC67

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 06:38:05 PM »
I wouldn’t let Kwikfit service a pram.

I'm of a similar mind with this car. I just want a quote to benchmark against. I'm hoping it won't be too far out then I won't feel a mug playing the dealership.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2022, 08:19:02 PM »
Honda operate Fixed Price Servicing, see:
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/repairs.html

Even if that's not what they quoted you, you can get an idea of what the price should be.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2022, 08:24:32 PM »
For what it’s worth, my 2 year service in 2018 (similar to 4 years) showed a notional cost of £134, which came to £288 including consumables and VAT.  I didn’t pay it as I had bought 5 years servicing up front.  They stopped showing notional charges after that.

NathanC67

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2022, 08:30:30 PM »
Wow. Well it's a LOT more than that.

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2022, 09:19:04 PM »
My local dealer quoted £230 for a routine service (£210 in '21 and £190 in '20) so a big inflationary jump. Long story short, oil and filter change, inspection, valeting, and 12 months AA cover (Homestart, back to base etc). They also advised a service 'Plus' for an extra £110 which includes break fluid drain and replacement. Although my car is getting on a bit, if I sell it, a full Honda service history ticks an important box and the premium is not excessive. Pollen/air filters etc are an easy DIY fix and take minutes to fit.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2022, 05:24:34 AM »
I know Honda dealers likely charge more but they know exactly what needs to be checked and have service bulletins to indicate any known weak spots.

They also have the bespoke diagnostic equipment and Honda training.

Let's be careful out there !

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 08:56:50 AM »
You can always purchase the oil filters etc yourself & ask the garage to fit them - get from Cox Honda parts or Opie oils.
Best bet is to track down local independent Honda garage.

Glosrich

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Jazz S iVtec
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2022, 06:32:01 PM »
Also I think with servicing you have to think what the car cost and how much it would be to replace the engine or gearbox if someone messes up.
At least you know with Honda they will do it correctly and the work is warranted.
As others have said I wouldn't let Halfords or Kwiifit service anything of mine.
Also depends how long you are planning to keep the car, if forever until it breaks, then maybe DIY, or cut a few corners as the resale value won't be affected.
If you change cars every few years then full dealer history does make it worth a bit more.
Also consider a Honda service plan, they are approx £25 a month, like a savings plan, and it pays for your annual service, so you don't have to pay it all in one lump sum.
I've had a £20 a month service plan with my Mazda dealer, for 3 years schedule servicing, it helps spread the cost.

Wilmo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.5 Sport 2018
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2022, 06:06:28 PM »
I had my Civic TypeR serviced by Honda up to this year.
As it is now 11 years old and will out of all warranties by the 12 year service I have bought the oil (ECP) and the filter (Tegiwa) and will be getting a reputable garage to do it.

BTW I work for ECP so get staff prices.

Tags: