Author Topic: b pillar vinyl  (Read 992 times)

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
b pillar vinyl
« on: July 23, 2022, 11:20:15 PM »
has anyone else got marks and scratches on their b pillar black vinyl wrap?

have any of you re wrapped or managed to get plastic covers and if so where did you get them from and was it easy to fit including removing the top of door rubber for fitting

i can't believe they use tape and not plastic like the mk2 jazz, they still use plastic on the c pillar but not on a high wear area like the b pillar

thanks guys

Glosrich

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Jazz S iVtec
Re: b pillar vinyl
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 04:51:50 PM »
Yes the previous owner must have held a bunch of keys as they opened the door so I have small cuts in that black vinyl.

I guess it should peel off with the help of a hot air gun, and then remove the old adhesive and stick the new one.

Not something I have got around to yet.

monkeydave

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 08:50:01 PM »
thanks for your reply

i hope you will write on here if and when you remove it and if any clear coat comes off with the vinyl or if you decide to keep it off and run with the paint, what colour is your car?

Gerred

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz MK3
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 09:54:16 AM »
I advise you to NOT peel off the vinyl. I did it because lot of scratches and I absolutely regret it. There will be A LOT of glue residue what is very hard to remove. After removing the glue residue I polished the area. Clear coat was already very thin so I accidentally weared it and partially damaged the blue paint. I have to go to paint shop now. Be very careful when removing the vinyl!

monkeydave

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 08:43:20 PM »
I advise you to NOT peel off the vinyl. I did it because lot of scratches and I absolutely regret it. There will be A LOT of glue residue what is very hard to remove. After removing the glue residue I polished the area. Clear coat was already very thin so I accidentally weared it and partially damaged the blue paint. I have to go to paint shop now. Be very careful when removing the vinyl!

thank you so much for your post and telling us what is under the vinyl, im sorry you have to go and get it painted

it would look better than mine as your car is the blue colour and mine is white, maybe you can get the paint shop to paint it black instead of using vinyl

Tags:

anything