Author Topic: Would You Buy Another Mk4  (Read 35451 times)

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
Would You Buy Another Mk4
« on: November 13, 2020, 06:43:57 PM »
There must be quite a few Mk4 owners who have had their cars for a while now

Are you happy with your purchase ................would you buy another one ?
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

chicksee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz Crosstar
Re: Would You Buy Another Mk4
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 06:46:14 PM »
So far, best car I have had. Mpg is great and very nice smooth ride.
Big plus, the wife thinks so too.

Murdoch

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: New Honda jazz hybrid
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 07:12:39 PM »
I’ve owned my Jazz Hybrid for a couple of months from brand new & definitely wouldn’t.
Reason being the petrol engine is far too noisy when it kicks in.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 07:26:56 PM by Murdoch »

Steve P

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 07:28:35 PM »
I've had mine for around 6 weeks now and would happily buy again.

I don't find the engine noise excessive unless I'm flooring it, when it is very intrusive to be fair. In normal driving I don't notice it at all.

Apart from that the car has been all I hoped, comfy, economical and with enough gizmos that I'm still finding new features all the time. Should really read the manual I guess.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 12:17:40 PM »
This is by far the nicest vehicle to drive that I've ever owned. There's plenty of torque from the electric motor to give good fuss-free acceleration plus there's the economy benefit. However, it's not perfect: I would have liked the back seats to be a bit further forwards to increase the boot space and I reckon that Honda missed a trick by not configuring the electrically-powered aircon to run in reverse as a heat pump.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 12:44:17 PM »
Honda,  like others I suppose, have a history of making small mistakes with the first model year, then making critical tweaks for the second year on.

I've always waited for the second year. I will be looking very seriously at the CrossStar in Feb when my Civic is in for service.
Let's be careful out there !

ndavey1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR 2020
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 05:08:23 PM »
Definitely would buy again. It’s the smoothest drive I’ve ever had. I say drive I’ve ever had,  most the time I let the jazz drive itself. I do 50 miles a day and 95% of this is in adaptive cruise control with LKAS. I barely need to touch the pedals or the steering wheel, yet I feel more in control than ever before. I enjoy the Apple CarPlay, the ease of use, reliability and features. The windscreen view is one of the clearest, and the car is quiet, but nicely noisy when fully accelerating, to give a comforting feel.

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2020, 06:39:04 PM »
I am hoping to take an EX or Crosstar for a test drive in the new year.  I do very few motorway journeys but when I do I like to cruise at the limit.  Most of my driving is urban or along country roads however it is very hilly in the immediate area where I live so I am wondering if that is not a good situation for a hybrid. My driving style is relaxed and I am usually light on the throttle.  any advice would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 06:44:27 PM by Pine »

Murdoch

• Registered Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2020, 07:08:09 PM »
When you take your test drive make sure that you take it on the roads that you will use regularly if that makes sense.

I didn’t to my regret.

The petrol  engine on the Jazz EX that I own as stated in a previous post is far too noisy for me especially going up inclines.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2020, 07:12:55 PM »
Can I ask. What did you drive before the Jazz?

JazzMusic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV Exec
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2020, 07:41:25 PM »
3 months for me now, definitly like it, all of it. Would definitly buy again. Fully featured in the Executive version. But would step down on 15'' allows again for a soft ride quality.

Murdoch

• Registered Member
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2020, 07:52:57 PM »
Skoda Fabia SEL with the DSG gearbox.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2020, 03:45:09 AM »
The one gearbox I will not be getting is DSG. The failure and replacement cost is high. The other thing with DSG is slow speed manoeuvring like parallel parking or reversing into a garage. It's not a smooth manoeuvre but a series of kangaroo hops.

DSG is make or break so you can't drive slowly, pseudo clutch slip. I drove one and it was horrendous. When they were a wet clutch design they were manageable but the later dry clutch models ...... no

I was glad to see Ford have dropped their DSG ala PowerShift as it was proving unreliable and a couple of mass class action lawsuits are pending.
Let's be careful out there !

Mellorshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2020, 01:48:48 PM »
Most of my driving is urban or along country roads however it is very hilly in the immediate area where I live so I am wondering if that is not a good situation for a hybrid. My driving style is relaxed and I am usually light on the throttle.  any advice would be appreciated.

I live in a hilly area and find the mk4 excellent. Much better going uphill than the mk3 jazz.

gpbeck

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz ehev
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2020, 12:54:02 PM »
The one gearbox I will not be getting is DSG. The failure and replacement cost is high. The other thing with DSG is slow speed manoeuvring like parallel parking or reversing into a garage. It's not a smooth manoeuvre but a series of kangaroo hops.

DSG is make or break so you can't drive slowly, pseudo clutch slip. I drove one and it was horrendous. When they were a wet clutch design they were manageable but the later dry clutch models ...... no

I was glad to see Ford have dropped their DSG ala PowerShift as it was proving unreliable and a couple of mass class action lawsuits are pending.

Latest Jazz does not have a CVT or a DSG or any sort of gearbox at all. It has an electric drive motor intelligently wired to a generator alongside. For marketing reasons Honda call this eCVT. The engine connects to the driveshafts at higher speeds but the ratio is fixed, again no gearbox. The engine revving/gear shifting noises are artificial because people expect them I suppose. So potential to quieten them through software should Honda choose. I would say our engine noises are not intrusive at all.

I think the drive is fantastic, and good flat handling and roadholding. My previous drive was an Audi S3, resulting in a dislocated liver on any road hump.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 12:57:45 PM by gpbeck »

Tags:

anything