Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz / Crosstar Warranty AGAIN
« Last post by ColinS on Today at 04:23:58 PM »
including the warranty, was transferred to me as it effectively belongs to the vehicle and not the purchaser.

That was true of the original warranty but according to my dealer, not the case with an extended guarantee/warranty.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Spacesaver spare wheel
« Last post by Expatman on Today at 04:05:44 PM »
The real problem with changing a wheel by the roadside is that it's very dangerous. My neighbour who was a Police traffic cop told me that many people get badly injured by passing traffic while changing a wheel. His advice was to immediately summon breakdown service and let them sort it out. AA etc now carry universal fit spares which will get you home or to a tyre repair centre.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by UKjim on Today at 04:05:25 PM »
I’ve just removed my Alpine iLX705D and replaced it with a Chinese Joying unit and I’m very pleased with it. I’ll provide a few reasons why I swapped.

1. Alpine screen is small by current standards and it never quite looked factory fitted using the Connects2 fascia
2. Several unexplained crashes.
3. Navigation on wireless CarPlay was useless, Alpine is one of the few manufacturers that require the speed sensor wire to be connected and I couldn’t find were to connect it, trawled the internet for weeks on end & got nowhere. Without that connected GPS signal was frequently being lost and made the navigation useless.

By contrast the Joying unit was better in many ways.
1. Cheaper, much less than your £500
2. Easy to fit, totally plug & play, no soldering or cutting wires.
3. Bigger & better screen
4. Better looking and ‘more factory’
5. Better integration with the car.
6. Native Android system, so more versatile.

Takes about an 1-2 hours to remove the existing radio and install the new one if you don’t need a reverse camera.

The only disadvantage is no onboard DAB  but that sounds rubbish anyway so I wasn’t bothered. If you want DAB you can add a USB version for £20 or so.
I found adapters for the Honda GPS antenna, which was factory fitted even though I don’t have NAV. The unit comes with built in FM aerial and USB adapters to pick up the factory loom.

If you are near me I’d gladly fit it for you or if you want further details let me know.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Garmin Maps Europe 2024 Available
« Last post by dayjavoo on Today at 03:50:38 PM »

It's not a lot of money and I could risk it, but I would be rather annoyed if it doesn't work.  The car is 2018 reg but it still feels new to me!

It's not clear to me which models of Jazz are actually affected.  My Jazz was first registered in 2017 and could be a 2016 model, I guess.  I am not now even being offered a 2024 map update on Garmin Express, though I was back in Jan/Feb.  I think the trick is to look at the xml file on the memory stick you prepared in your Jazz.  Scroll to the end of the file and look for the memory available in your head unit.  If it's similar to that published in jazzaro's post (round about reply #17 in this thread), I would think that the 2024 maps wouldn't fit.
« Last post by Jazzik on Today at 03:43:45 PM »
I would say:"Suit yourself".

I drive a 2021 EX, zero problems, very satisfied.
The last thing I'm going to do is wait nervously for my brake operating simulator to give up, or for my too small 12 volt battery to prevent me from starting tomorrow.
Oh, and that flat tire without a spare wheel... that's also been making me nervous for years... :P
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by John Ratsey on Today at 02:52:19 PM »
The Brake operating simulator, manufactured btwn 2/7/18 n 15/9/22 by Keisan, have got excess oil in process, which in time seep into the circuit board corroding the pressure sensor inside. The corrosion occurs by time not by use unlike aircon. So, I think its a ticking time bomb for most of us but some lucky guys may escape from it. The affected Simulators are widely used in CR-V, HR-V, Jazz, etc you name it.
Fortunately, my 22 HR-V has a 5 year warranty.

I think that one way Honda can do some reputation damage control is by, as a matter of urgency, announcing a retrospective warranty extension to 5 years for all the EVs and e:HEV vehicles that use this part.

I wonder if there's also potential for refurbishment of the affected module so that all the problem parts that are removed from vehicles are refurbished and then used as replacements for more of the problem modules.
« Last post by Karoq on Today at 02:46:33 PM »
Avoid the aggro and buy a Kia with standard, included SEVEN years warranty! ;D
« Last post by John Ratsey on Today at 02:42:08 PM »
I attach what my 5 year care package says. This was the Honda deal as at early 2022 and conditional on taking out finance. I bought the vehicle at 6 months old and the care package, including the warranty, was transferred to me as it effectively belongs to the vehicle and not the purchaser.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by zesty_bum on Today at 02:28:43 PM »
The built in infotainment system is absolutely useless. I just use it to check the time  >:(
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by zesty_bum on Today at 02:26:38 PM »
Good afternoon

Hope you’re all well.

I’ve had a taste for Apple CarPlay whilst I was galavanting around in a hr-v, and I loved it  :P

I’m wondering what infotainment systems jazz owners are using and/or recommend?

I was recommended the Alpine iLX-705D in a thread a few months ago, and I really like the look of it, however quote including fitting was around 900 GBP, which is a bit out of reach for me with the cost of living these days! I could justify it if it’s below 500 GBP. (I’m not considering a reverse camera).

Would love to read your recommendations/experiences. Thanks in advance
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10