Author Topic: Garyman's GE6 Jazz build/progress thread  (Read 117427 times)

guest1874

Re: Garyman's Jazz
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »
No- I dont know much about Replikit apart from that they are a UK based company that does bodykits for the Jazz (GD). However, reading around, they seems to be quite reputable so I cant see them being a problem.

obviously, the best solution is to pop down to their workshop and get them to fit the bodykit (or whatever parts you want) but realise this isnt practical due to location.

WOW- CE28N- thats well  8) How did you manage that one James? What size? condition? pics? Do you mind where you got them and price you paid? (PM if you prefer) They are well nice and proper JDM!!

As for me, I should be getting my hands on some Enkei NT03 15 x 7 ET 35 with Toyo T1R 205/50/15

Teaser pics:

The Bride rails were pretty expensive (crappy FX rate etc) but I couldnt see/find an alternative. I contacted Recaro UK, who referred me to Recaro Germany, and then they referred me to Recaro Japan, only to be told they dont have anything for the GE just yet. Tried other companies as well but hand no luck. So Bride it was!

As my previous car was a modded EP3 with the 30AE all red recaro, and I had that for 7.5yrs, I was so use to the recaros that it was such a shock going to the standard Jazz seat. Now that the recaros are in, I just feel so much more "at home". The Jazz is my daily drive and granted its not that fast (compared to my EP3), but with all my mods to date, I'm loving it as much as the EP3. DC5 recaros and Evo MR recaros are very similar, but you pay a very high premium for the Honda ones. Evo ones can be had for cheaper- thats what I did :)

Hey! Am glad i found another member interested in modding the Jazz! I am on FIT freaks but feel so foreign over there lol! The culture of the FIT over there is so different from our Jazz - shame we dont have the L15 packed in our ones =(

I used to drive a EK9 so was wrapped in recaros as well lol! so wanted that feeling back since i be using the car as a daily commuter...out of interest why did u 'downgrade'? think i need to go back to MLR forum to go find me some seats!! dont suppose in ur phone calls to recaro u asked if they have GD rails?? =P

I found the volks through a friend in hk! he owns a garage over there and sourced a set for me for approx £400 but they are second hand .. not too fussed with tyre cond but been told there are in good nick...yet to receive pictures but will post them too u once i receive them off my friend =) oh they are 16s

Love the enkeis!! friend in a GT4 use to have them same ones in gunmetal! cant go wrong =) 

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 02:37:01 PM »
Sneak preview

guest238

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2011, 09:24:42 PM »
Some really nice mods there Gary. :)

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2011, 05:28:12 PM »
2nd service carried out today without any problems.

New wheels going on in the next few days  8)

eljuero

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 Comfort
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2011, 05:58:28 PM »

New wheels going on in the next few days  8)

well ... :)

100+1 HP

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2011, 09:39:20 AM »
Well indeed  :D

havent had a chance to put the wheels on since the service as work been really busy and weather hadnt been very good but low and behold, I fitted them yesterday during my lunch break.

Heres some pics

More in my photobucket account (link on first page)

As you can see, the front sticks out slightly, mainly due to the fact that its ET35, so I'm sure if this is allowed for mot so will be popping into my local Honda dealer at lunchtime as they carry our my servicing and mot needs and i know the guys very well.

I <3 them  8)
----- Double Post Prevention - new post below: 1300976593 -----
Just back from visiting my local Honda dealer.

The senior mechanic that does the MOT confirmed that the alloys/ tyres / bulge or whatever you want to call it, is fine and he has no problem passing it when the time comes

All I need to do now is sort out the alignment which is booked for Thursday.

He did suggest that if I wanted to reduce the gap, then to put the oem 175/65 tyres on so might try that when the time comes to change tyres, so will wait and see.

Yeah, I get to keep my wheels  8)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 02:23:19 PM by Garyman »

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2011, 06:02:26 PM »
Nice wheels!

Last week I ordered a Dezent L http://www.performancealloys.com/wheel-details.aspx?ID=1362 alloys (14x5.5 ET 35, 4x100) and arrived on Monday, tomorrow I`ll put the summer tyres on (175/65 R14 82T) and onto the car. Anyway I wanted my wheels a bit "out" so the ET35 will do it.

What product is recommended to keep the alloy clean I mean don`t let the break deposits to sit on? (wax, shield protection, wheel seal?)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 07:57:03 PM by DV »

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 10:45:06 AM »

What product is recommended to keep the alloy clean I mean don`t let the break deposits to sit on? (wax, shield protection, wheel seal?)

As my wheels were newly refurbished, I put a couple layers of Jetseal, followed by 2 layers of Meguiars all metal polish, then another couple layers of Jetseal.

Wont be washing the car for another month or so so will be interested to see if my effort was worthwhile!

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2011, 05:34:16 PM »
Thanks for the answer!
I don`t have any of those at home so I think I`ll go for the Autoglym wheel seal for the first time (around £6.99 in the shop).

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2011, 12:24:24 PM »
Just found out my local Honda dealership (Springfield Honda) are now authorised Mugen dealers so going to pop down to see the parts manager and see what they can do for me  :P

Since my last post, I've bought another set of wheels- 16" Buddyclub P1 in gunmetal but havent fitted them yet.

Going to try these on and see which one I prefer and then sell the other set as the Mugen parts wont be cheap!

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2011, 12:27:52 PM »
So.......

Been talking to a couple of my Honda dealer contacts and one from "down south" mentioned they will be adding the Mugen bodykits on a couple of their '12 Jazzes to make them look more sporty.

Be interesting to see how much they price the Mugen'd Jazz up as we all know Mugen arent cheap- looking at around £1,680+vat for the bodykit (front lip spoiler, side skirts and rear lip spoiler) and thats not even painted, plus another £560+vat for the rear wing spoiler (again unpainted) so you're talking easily +£3k for everything painted  :o

Mine is currently with the garage for some work so will update my progress when I get the car back later this week  :P

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2011, 09:15:15 AM »
03/11/11

update- Mugen'd and Spoon'd 

See first post
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 09:18:38 AM by Garyman »

eljuero

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 Comfort
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2011, 11:53:04 AM »
 8) brrrm .... brrmmm ... ;D
100+1 HP

Garyman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2011, 02:16:19 PM »
Few more pics i just taken

guest1874

Re: Garyman's GE6 Jazz- J's Racing/Mugen-ised - page 3
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2011, 09:22:14 PM »
looking  8) gary, not been back for a while and you added some more nice touches to it =)

where did u pick up the n1?? the mugen bits must of cost u an arm and a leg!!!

Tags:

anything