Author Topic: Would You Buy Another Mk4  (Read 36036 times)

Expatman

• Approved Member
Re: Would You Buy Another Mk4
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2021, 01:53:46 PM »
The MY21 Jazz EX has tilting passenger mirror on reverse  :D

I couldn't find out whether the Crosstar has it as well as there wasn't one in the showroom with documentation.

I saw one in the carpark and I must say, it's larger than I expected and I liked it. I've registered my interest for when test drives are available.

Did it look to have an auto dimming interior mirror?

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2021, 01:59:17 PM »
I did look, no auto dimming mirror, still the decades old flappy paddle  :(
Let's be careful out there !

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2021, 02:14:47 PM »
Not noticed a problem on the Vauxhall, it's the first car I've had with it on. The driver's wing mirror is also auto dimming.

Did you mean 'dipping'?

What is 'Low speed following'?

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2021, 02:21:52 PM »
I did look, no auto dimming mirror, still the decades old flappy paddle  :(

The Jazz/Crosstar is fitted with numerous advanced safety features yet isn’t fitted with such a simple safety item as an auto dipping mirror -- Why? I wonder sometimes what Honda are thinking!

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2021, 02:34:52 PM »
Not noticed a problem on the Vauxhall, it's the first car I've had with it on. The driver's wing mirror is also auto dimming.

Did you mean 'dipping'?

Not absolutely sure if we're at crossed terminology with dimming/dipping, but my Vaux has a dimming offside wing mirror which works the same as the auto dimming internal rear view mirror. Someone said they didn't like them because they're not dark enough.

it also has the nearside mirror that tilts on selecting reverse, you can turn it off in the menus.

What is 'Low speed following'?

No idea?  ???
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 02:37:58 PM by sparky Paul »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2021, 05:38:54 PM »
The MY21 Jazz EX has tilting passenger mirror on reverse  :D
That's interesting! I see no mention of that feature in the current brochure or on the Honda UK website https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/jazz-hybrid/specification.html .

The May 2020 version of the Jazz brochure indicated there would be a tilting mirror on the SR upwards (annotated extract attached). When I asked my dealer if one or both mirrors would tilt (both helps if trying to fit between two lines in a car park) I was told that the brochure was wrong and the answer was neither. An updated brochure was released in mid-June.

I therefore see two possibilities: (i) Whoever prepared the sticker for the showroom referred to the wrong version of the brochure or (ii) Honda UK did order the 2020 Jazzes from the factory with the tilting mirrors (and the brochure prepared accordingly) but that feature got lost in translation and wasn't fitted. If new stock does have the tilting mirror(s) then Honda UK needs to update the website.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

TiJazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar eHEV
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2021, 05:45:59 PM »
The rear view camera has a top-down view for lines 👍

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2021, 06:25:00 PM »
I have considered a typo issue with the reverse mirror function. It did catch the salesman out as well as he was unaware.

That could be along with typo in the 4th line of the flyer  :)

Time will tell.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2021, 07:13:04 PM »
The Jazz/Crosstar is fitted with numerous advanced safety features yet isn’t fitted with such a simple safety item as an auto dipping mirror -- Why? I wonder sometimes what Honda are thinking!
:D To be honest Expatman I understood you had kicked the car into the long grass and "got cold feet about moving to Honda" and "it seems that Honda has decided that drivers of their cars don’t deserve the best tyres. Sadly I think this is a deal breaker for me." Have you changed your mind then? 

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=12636.30

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2021, 07:40:16 AM »
Why don't they do mudflaps for the Crosstar ?

Over the years I've realised no flaps = dirt splattered sides and lower rear bumper. I've hit a Crosstar red line and now looking at the Jazz.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2021, 10:16:17 AM »
Why don't they do mudflaps for the Crosstar ?

Over the years I've realised no flaps = dirt splattered sides and lower rear bumper. I've hit a Crosstar red line and now looking at the Jazz.
With all that plastic along the bottom of the sides of the Crosstar the non-availability of mudflaps hasn't worried me.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2021, 10:49:59 AM »
It's not a rust/corrosion issue with me but appearance. I've had previous cars without and suffered stone chip damage to the sills and front bottom of the doors. Not to mention the bottom of the rear bumper.

I must have had flaps since the late 80's and never had any issues.

Now that I've seen the latest versions in the flesh I'm doing my research into options and configurations and so far the Crosstar is 2nd place to the Jazz.

I'm in no rush so I'll see how things play out during the coming months.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2021, 10:53:48 AM »
To be honest Expatman I understood you had kicked the car into the long grass and "got cold feet about moving to Honda" and "it seems that Honda has decided that drivers of their cars don’t deserve the best tyres. Sadly I think this is a deal breaker for me." Have you changed your mind then? 

Well the Crosstar is back on my preferred list because AutoExpress recommended the Falken AS210 to me as a good all weather tyre available for the Crosstar. I do like the Crosstar from everything I have read but, of course, I haven’t had chance to drive one so everything is theory at the moment. My other comments about lack of auto dipping mirror etc. are points I would make about any car I was considering and, yes, I do wonder what Honda are thinking by not including it. They have added multiple safety features but omitted the simple auto-dipping rear view mirror to prevent the driver being blinded by following traffic - I know the driver can manually dip the mirror but that goes for many of the safety features like lane keeping assistance etc. I also like to read the views of Crosstar owners who have experience of the vehicle.

TiJazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar eHEV
« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2021, 11:04:41 AM »
I don’t really understand the fuss about tyres on a Jazz. The difference between cheap and expensive tyres is how quickly they reach the limits of adhesion, and how they behave beyond it.

Neither of which should trouble someone driving a Honda Jazz in a normal way in normal conditions.

I’ve had my share of understeer and oversteer across various cars in various situations, but only when provoked. Since I became older and duller, I haven’t had a single “dynamic” moment - because I’ve stopped looking for them ;)

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2021, 12:02:23 PM »
My other comments about lack of auto dipping mirror etc. are points I would make about any car I was considering and, yes, I do wonder what Honda are thinking by not including it. They have added multiple safety features but omitted the simple auto-dipping rear view mirror to prevent the driver being blinded by following traffic - I know the driver can manually dip the mirror but that goes for many of the safety features like lane keeping assistance etc.

I suspect the answer to that is that the new safety features are not fitted at the whim of the manufacturers, but are mandated by EU regulations. See, for example, here:
https://innovationorigins.com/here-are-the-latest-safety-standards-that-all-new-cars-must-comply-with-as-of-2022/
An auto-dipping mirror is not on the list so manufacturers don't have to fit it. Plus it gives them an opportunity to up-sell by putting the feature on a more expensive model.

Before anyone points out that UK isn't bound by those regs any more, firstly the cars we can buy now were designed before B____t, and secondly manufacturers might not consider it worth producing significantly different cars for the UK market.

Tags:

anything