Author Topic: Would You Buy Another Mk4  (Read 36014 times)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Would You Buy Another Mk4
« Reply #330 on: December 16, 2021, 12:28:56 PM »
It's also my favourite Honda after 3 Civics.

It seems better designed and built.

The non dipping mirror is no issue for me, the privacy glass does a similar job. I don't need a heated screen as mine's garaged.
Let's be careful out there !

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #331 on: April 19, 2022, 09:31:57 AM »
There is quite a lot we can't get here.

What is annoying is Honda blocking imports via dealers, like the black front cup holders. Seems illogical to me.

What Honda EU block Krem has an answer. Stage 1 complete, got them :

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #332 on: April 19, 2022, 10:35:14 AM »
Stage 2, WIP :

This looks far better :

Left :

Right :

« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 11:25:04 AM by Kremmen »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #333 on: April 19, 2022, 11:09:01 AM »
Yes - my favourite Honda by some distance and I've had 5 before this one.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #334 on: April 19, 2022, 01:29:53 PM »
This looks far better :

Left :

I really don't like the black ones... The white cup holders go very well with all those white buttons on the steering wheel and that white plate around the shift lever.

What to do with all that white now? Maybe...:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 01:45:00 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2019 CRV e-HEV SR
« Reply #335 on: April 19, 2022, 01:48:23 PM »
I have to say that the Jazz has finally become the car it always should have been .

We’ve had 1998 Civic 3 dr Hatchback, a 2002 Jazz 1.4 SE, a 2005 Jazz SE along with a 2006 Jazz SE, a Hybrid IMA HS which was our favourite Jazz and we had it for 10 years with no problems apart from wear and tear items (traded in for £5.5k last year. That car was the best Jazz we had owned and I felt nothing ever came out to beat it! All the Jazzes were CVT (managed to avoid the disappointing I-shift)

Also had a 2014 Civic Tourer EX 1.6 diesel car, great Touring car and easily achieved 65+ mpg. It was the 6 speed manual gearbox that became tedious to use that gave me the excuse to trade it in for my CRV SR hybrid……BLISS!

The 2019 Jazz EX my wife owns is definitely the best Jazz we have come to own over all the foregoing models but it’s been a long time (20 yers now) coming!

The only fly in the ointment has been the grief we’ve had with voice guidance failure on the SatNav…..sorted now due to faulty usb flash drive!

Would we buy a mark 4 Jazz again…..the answer is a DEFINITE  YES!!!

(Just need to improve the robustness of the infotainment system and it’s software methinks)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 01:55:10 PM by dfconnolly »
From the advert "Who knows where you’ll go?"

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #336 on: April 19, 2022, 04:02:57 PM »
I actually quite like the majority of the steering buttons being white.

I remember old PC keyboards when they were light grey with black letters. Far easier to read the keys than these latest black keyboards with white letters.

I have to get backlit keyboards now to see what keys I'm pressing.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #337 on: April 19, 2022, 05:33:23 PM »
Yes, this is the best Jazz I've had, by far and would certainly buy another one, although at 85, there is not a lot of time left  ;D
Have just turned over the 12 months of ownership. The screen is showing a total of 9240 miles at an average of 66.1Mpg, which for me, is much better that any previous Jazz that I've had.
My only gripe is the inability to permanently switch off the RDMS, which I find a real PITA, otherwise the car is nigh on perfect for my needs.

Hugh R

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX Grey
« Reply #338 on: April 19, 2022, 05:50:04 PM »
Yes, this is the best Jazz I've had, by far and would certainly buy another one, although at 85, there is not a lot of time left.
My only gripe is the inability to permanently switch off the RDMS, which I find a real PITA, otherwise the car is nigh on perfect for my needs.

If only it had self-parking as an extra, that would be the bees knees. If they can put it on the all electric, why don't they put on any other car in the Honda range?

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #339 on: April 19, 2022, 06:55:40 PM »
I've had two cars with self parking.  I tried it a couple of times in both of them to see how it worked but it always finished too far from the pavement for my liking so I never used it.

sportse

• Approved Member
Would You Buy Another Mk4
« Reply #340 on: April 19, 2022, 09:15:10 PM »
I’ve also had self parking on a couple of cars - I thought it would be good to have but ended up using it only a couple of times.

On my Auris it nearly bashed the kerb as it was too close. On my V40 it was too far from the kerb. They both also spin the wheel when you are stopped, straining the steering and wearing the tyres.

Once you get used to the jazz rear view camera and pick a view (I use mid magnification)the moving guidelines when reversing are great for parking.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #341 on: April 20, 2022, 05:21:12 AM »
I can't remember the last time I turned round / looked rearwards to reverse.

I always reverse on the door mirrors and use the rear camera at the last moment.

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #342 on: April 20, 2022, 08:33:23 AM »
I've had two cars with self parking.  I tried it a couple of times in both of them to see how it worked but it always finished too far from the pavement for my liking so I never used it.
I too have had self (Parellel) parking on two cars.  The first, a Skoda Yeti, was absolutely brilliant. Parked just an inch or so from the kerb without ever hitting it.  Only issue I had was demonstrating the feature to a friend when it parked in such a tight space that I could not get it out with out a great (and I mean great) deal of difficultly.  The second (BMW X1) I only used once so difficult to compare but maybe because it was brand new and expensive I was rather nervous of  parking in confined spaces and never used it again.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #343 on: April 20, 2022, 11:16:36 AM »

Agreed. We've done this to death on various threads but it remains a PITA for me as well. I'd feel better if it was just one switch but they don't want to make it easy for us and that must be by design. I do worry that it's a bit of a distraction because I switch it off "on the move" as I don't want to spend 5 minutes with the engine idling scrolling through endless screens, losing my preferred home screen etc etc.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #344 on: April 20, 2022, 03:21:18 PM »
I do worry that it's a bit of a distraction because I switch it off "on the move" as I don't want to spend 5 minutes with the engine idling scrolling through endless screens, losing my preferred home screen etc etc.

I have a short comment for that: not wise! (understatement). You worry and still..?
And here I suspect a typo: of course you mean seconds instead of minutes?
If nothing goes right, go left!

Tags:

anything