Author Topic: Would You Buy Another Mk4  (Read 36024 times)

sportse

• Approved Member
Re: Would You Buy Another Mk4
« Reply #300 on: December 08, 2021, 04:13:04 PM »
What strikes me about our premium sunlight white pearl Jazz (without mud flaps) is that the tailgate gets disproportionately dirty.
I don't think mud flaps will fix that...

There is a small spoiler fitted to the tailgate as standard, maybe the extended spoiler will offer some protection?

The tailgate on mine does get very dirty, I'm regularly having to wipe it. The rear boot underfloor box is handy for cloths though.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #301 on: December 08, 2021, 06:04:17 PM »
Slipstream vortex eddies, probably. Not much you can do about it without changing the car's "wedge" shape.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #302 on: December 08, 2021, 07:24:12 PM »
One BIG mistake (I think) by Honda, is no washer jet on the reversing camera.
How many times have you had to get out after getting in, getting the engine started and putting your seatbelt on, just to clean the lens, so you can actually see clearly with  it. I know, 'cos I was always having to do it on my Outlander.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #303 on: December 08, 2021, 07:55:52 PM »
How many times have you had to get out after getting in, getting the engine started and putting your seatbelt on, just to clean the lens, so you can actually see clearly with  it. I know, 'cos I was always having to do it on my Outlander.
There is actually a rear camera washer option available from Honda in Japan.

It uses air rather than water, when you put the car in reverse it uses a couple of high power air blows over the lens to remove water droplets.

Costs around £100-£150, but I asked Honda UK about it and they didn’t have any plans to offer it here.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #304 on: December 09, 2021, 04:28:44 AM »
There is quite a lot we can't get here.

What is annoying is Honda blocking imports via dealers, like the black front cup holders. Seems illogical to me.
Let's be careful out there !

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #305 on: December 09, 2021, 08:30:27 AM »

No camera washer on my BMW X1 either.  And checking various relatives, none on a Evoque, Lexus, Tiguan, Golf, Discovery, Peugeot 3008 or Suzuki SX4.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #306 on: December 09, 2021, 03:57:02 PM »
Well done Skoda then! Simply clever! Pity everything else isn't!
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

guest9814

« Reply #307 on: December 13, 2021, 06:40:08 PM »
There is actually a rear camera washer option available from Honda in Japan.

It uses air rather than water, when you put the car in reverse it uses a couple of high power air blows over the lens to remove water droplets.

Costs around £100-£150, but I asked Honda UK about it and they didn’t have any plans to offer it here.
Rear camera air blower is nothig.....
They have de anshin plus 3 camera that working with original (probably only japanese version) infiotiment system and can assist on parking and working all time you drive to allert if someone aproach your car or you have someone in  blind spot zones.
To my sadness unclear if this one work with european multimedia system, and i have in addition to buy wiring kit for original camera anyway (elegance not have original camera fitted)
Will buy another if elegance will have front and rear camera fitted....
As small bonus i want powermeter option awailable on dashboard (helps alot if i want to glide  after reach desired speed as this alows to get better fuel economy)

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #308 on: December 13, 2021, 08:52:33 PM »
If you use the Japanese website through chrome you can get it translated into English:

https://www.honda.co.jp/Fit/

There are many Jazz options/versions not available here.

I also noticed that they don't seem to have the centre cupholders/box/armrest that we get in the UK as standard, just a space there with the option of an armrest.

It does say the enhanced camera function is available in Japan on the standard 8" infotainment (a different spec 9" infotainment system is a £1,200 option.)

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #309 on: December 14, 2021, 09:38:00 AM »
I really do not get complaints about engine noise in the MK4 Jazz. Putting your foot hard down on the accelerator pedal is not helpful;  the car is pretty nippy without revving the engine, more so out of Econ mode. These days I don't tend to take any car into the red rev range;  I'm retired and more interested in safety and fuel economy than driving hard.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 09:40:59 AM by Neil Ives »
Neil Ives

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #310 on: December 14, 2021, 10:41:22 AM »
Same here, it's very quiet. I would say quieter than my 9G Civic was.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #311 on: December 14, 2021, 10:55:14 AM »
I am with those who say it's quiet. I've noticed the engine note a couple of times when joining a motorway but it wasn't even close to being intrusive. For 95% of the time I just "waft" around.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #312 on: December 14, 2021, 11:11:02 AM »
I too am a happy 'wafter'.    As to the original question ' would you buy another Mk4 '     the answer is yes.  But I am not so brand loyal that in 3 or 5 years time I wouldnt check out alternatives , especially if EV technology and infrastructure has moved on.  And if Honda dont spend too much time resting on their engineering laurels.    They need to  up their marketing efforts   to put more european bums on magic seats.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 11:25:12 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #313 on: December 14, 2021, 11:21:46 AM »
I really do not get complaints about engine noise in the MK4 Jazz. Putting your foot hard down on the accelerator pedal is not helpful;  the car is pretty nippy without revving the engine, more so out of Econ mode. These days I don't tend to take any car into the red rev range;  I'm retired and more interested in safety and fuel economy than driving hard.
From what I’ve read the difference in acceleration between flooring the pedal - and creating max engine noise - and being more gentle with the pedal - and minimising noise - actually makes little difference to the rate of acceleration. Is that your experience in real life?

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #314 on: December 14, 2021, 12:04:19 PM »
Yep.

I can accelerate up a motorway sliproad and get to blending in speed with very little noise.

These journos seem to have a point to make to satisfy their advertisers.

Tags:

anything