Author Topic: Premium Pack Service Upgrade  (Read 3445 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Premium Pack Service Upgrade
« on: September 22, 2017, 05:14:52 PM »
Letter from my dealer today reminding me of upcoming service and MOT. Booked it in by email (I have a service plan). In the reply they mentioned a Premium Pack Service Upgrade for the discounted price of £42. This includes:

1) New batteries in both your key fobs.

2) Engine flush - done after the oil is drained - said to remove carbon deposits and result in better running and economy.

3) A litre of top up oil of the correct grade (have to say my car doesn't use much, if any, oil at all between services).

So - rip off or worth doing?

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Premium Pack Service Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 01:19:20 PM »
1. The battery on my keyfob is now 5 FIVE years old and still works fine. I replaced teh battery on my spare at 5 years. Cost 80p and 15 minutes.
2. Engine flush is designed to remove deposits created by severe conditions and poor maintenance.
3. If my Jazz has that at every service I would now have 5 liters of top up oil - more than enough for another oil change.
Save your money

guest1372

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 04:28:11 PM »
Similar thoughts to those above: the oil does no benefit sat on your shelf, keyfob batteries are £1 - my original 2002 battery is still going fine, so it just comes down to whether you believe your engine is full of carbon deposits and if you think they will clean them.  A certain brand of petrol claims to do this, or you could just go out and get your engine hot.  If it also included 4) A full interior / exterior valet, then it may be worthwhile.

I'd probably spend the £42 on an air conditioning service after 5 years personally.
--
TG

peteo48

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 09:42:21 PM »
Thanks guys. Thought as much myself.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 05:12:54 PM »
All this "carbon deposits" stuff is a load of rubbish these days.

Sure, in the old days, many a hour was spent de-coking crusty deposits out of cylinder heads... Nowadays, with closed loop fuel injection and cleaner fuels, whip the head off a petrol engine and they are usually as clean as a whistle.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 07:07:32 PM »
All this "carbon deposits" stuff is a load of rubbish these days.

Sure, in the old days, many a hour was spent de-coking crusty deposits out of cylinder heads... Nowadays, with closed loop fuel injection and cleaner fuels, whip the head off a petrol engine and they are usually as clean as a whistle.

I don't think engine oil flush is referring to decoking the combustion chambers,  more likely gummy rings and carbon elsewhere in engine.  Not a fan of flushing oils, especially on high mileage engines as the flushing can dissolve the deposits around big end bearings and lower oil pressure by allowing oil to leak out of bearings too easily.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything