Author Topic: what do you think about this  (Read 1169 times)

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
what do you think about this
« on: February 23, 2020, 03:58:18 PM »
i was thinking that honda may still make the petrol mk3 all the way up to 2022 when the euro 7 rules come in for 95gms or less co2 even with the new hybrid only mk4 out at the same time

probably sensible idea to do so or risk loosing a lot of money

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: what do you think about this
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 04:10:44 PM »
The manufacturers can offset the higher CO2 emissions of their 100% ICE vehicles with the lower emissions of their Hybrid and all-electric vehicles. If they continue to manufacture Mk 3 Jazzes along with the Hybrid they will lose a large portion of that offset. Particularly if the Honda e doesn't sell in huge numbers. All Honda cars will be electrified by 2022, but some won't be electrified until that date so will need the offset of those that are.

guest4871

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 04:24:47 PM »
I offset my CO2 emissions with Shell Go+.  :D

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 05:41:45 PM »
The manufacturers can offset the higher CO2 emissions of their 100% ICE vehicles with the lower emissions of their Hybrid and all-electric vehicles.
Not just within one manufacturer, the rules allow manufacturers to game the system by joining forces so that their net emissions are below the level at which fines will kick in:
https://www.ft.com/content/7a3c8d9a-57bb-11e9-a3db-1fe89bedc16e

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 05:58:33 PM »
The manufacturers can offset the higher CO2 emissions of their 100% ICE vehicles with the lower emissions of their Hybrid and all-electric vehicles.
Not just within one manufacturer, the rules allow manufacturers to game the system by joining forces so that their net emissions are below the level at which fines will kick in:
https://www.ft.com/content/7a3c8d9a-57bb-11e9-a3db-1fe89bedc16e

That's the problem with all this offsetting. People are a lot better at gaming the system than they are at fixing the problems.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 06:30:27 PM »
The manufacturers can offset the higher CO2 emissions of their 100% ICE vehicles with the lower emissions of their Hybrid and all-electric vehicles. If they continue to manufacture Mk 3 Jazzes along with the Hybrid they will lose a large portion of that offset. Particularly if the Honda e doesn't sell in huge numbers. All Honda cars will be electrified by 2022, but some won't be electrified until that date so will need the offset of those that are.

The most badly implemented and most blatant gaming of the system was the Aston Martin Cygnet....

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/aston-why-we-built-cygnet
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2020, 08:14:33 PM »

Yep. I was told that the deal I got on my Mk3 was part of getting rid of old stock. There will be no more Mk3s after the Mk4 comes out.

Tags: