Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Corroded caliper piston
« Last post by GBH on Today at 10:00:33 AM »
Agree with both the above posters. Providing the caliper bores are not too far gone then rebuild kits with replacement pistons (do both sides to avoid having to do much of the work again later - such as waiting for a dry day, jacking up and crawling underneath, bleeding the whole system etc.).

The cause of the corroded pistons is moisture in the brake fluid and is why the fluid should be replaced every few years. This is also to avoid brake failure, where the heat of continous braking builds up and the moisture in the fluid boils and becomes a gas and then compresses and you "run out of brake pedal" and it hits the floor.

I believe BiggRed (as mentioned above) supply rebuilt calipers and if they can that would be the way to go if you don't fancy rebuilding yours, although they do appear to stock a wide variety of various rebuild kits.

Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Bringing back the GE8 Fuel efficiency
« Last post by olduser1 on Today at 08:50:59 AM »
You need to tell the
Forum
When last serviced
What engine 1.2or 1.3
What happened immediately before your consumption increased?
Someone will be able to help sort this issue.
« Last post by olduser1 on Today at 08:47:55 AM »
1st re check the caliper itself what does is the condition of the walls any signs of wear rust I would doubt it, if ok then have a word with Biggred .co.uk they are helpful and have been supplying brakes parts for years. As other forum members suggest get a kit for your car .
Not a bad job now the weather's warming.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Low compression GE6
« Last post by olduser1 on Today at 08:42:47 AM »
Ask your mechanic to do a leak test on each cylinder, a better method to guage the engines condition.
« Last post by Brakballe on Today at 08:42:19 AM »
Done this a few times so a service kit with piston should do the job since it's the main seal vs piston that is the sealing part, not the cylinder in the caliper.
But: I guess the other side isn't far behind so better buy two sets.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz / Crosstar Warranty AGAIN
« Last post by Hicardo on Today at 08:21:49 AM »
As of now, I am still waiting for the dealership to confirm whether indeed I have the Five Care Package (service, warranty, roadside) before I decide what to do.  Salesman on holiday - hence delay. 
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz Heater
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 04:03:50 AM »
When you commute all year round, same journey, same time, etc. You get to know when to expect heat

My Jazz starts blowing heat in about 2/3 of the distance all my previous 1.8 Civics did
Have a 2004 Honda Jazz and just recently I noticed the car starting to kangaroo or bunny hop when accelerating at 2000-2500 rpm quite a bit. The acceleration would be smooth, then the car would jerk backward and then smooth out again after 1-3 hops.

Have the automatic CVT.

Anyone else have a similar issue?
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz Crosstar, raise suspension?
« Last post by ahavoja on Today at 01:08:18 AM »
Found a video of that Crosstar concept car
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz Heater
« Last post by ahavoja on Today at 12:13:50 AM »
The air conditioning is quick to start blowing cold air as it's electric. However the heater is not electric and it doesn't have an electric heating element in it. Instead, it produces the heat by running the gasoline engine. In winter when it was freezing weather and snow outside, I'd guess it took about 2 miles of driving until it started blowing warm air. The engine runs during this whole time as it tries to warm up the air. Finally once the cabin has reached the set temperature, the engine can turn off and the car can drive quietly in EV mode again.

Even in cold weather it does blow quite warm air, around 40 C. Once I drove a long trip at -30 C in winter, and Jazz kept the cabin nice and warm, so I could only wear a T-shirt. However to keep the cabin warm in such a cold weather, it was blowing warm air into the cabin with almost the maximum speed (6 out of 7), so it was quite loud. I had the climate control in "Auto" mode.

The heated steering wheel is also nice, and thanks to it, I don't need to wear gloves in car so often. It also heats the whole circumference of the steering wheel, which I like. In some cars it might only heat the left and right sides of the steering wheel, where people usually keep their hands, maybe to save some energy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything