Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / 2016 Jazz Ex MK3
« Last post by Villageidiot on Today at 02:40:28 PM »
Can anyone tell me if this model has heated seats as standard or if it was an option ?
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: New Crosstar's bad smell
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 02:38:05 PM »
I'd be going round the car trying to determine where it's coming from

Seating, heating, dash, carpets, etc
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: 2018 Jazz 1500cc sparkplug socket
« Last post by Wilmo on Today at 12:13:34 PM »
14mm and try Halfords.
Might need long version & magnetic
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Braking performance
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 11:37:51 AM »
I havnt been able to read the  German reports  but I agree with CB72.    It likely to be more about tyres.
Have Honda really fitted smaller brake discs  and callipers ,or found some other way of having inferior brakes to rivals  ?  I doubt it.

On the other hand they have chosen to have  185 tread width to possibly save a tiny amount of rolling resistance to improve  emissions and fuel consumption.  And have chosen Yokohama tyres, for better or worse.      On some dry road surfaces the narrower width might increase braking distance slightly.   But I understand that narrower tyres can actually have a  slight advantage in fresh snow and possibly puddles compared to wide tyres  .  They  cut through  down  to the road surface slightly better rather than aquaplaning over the top. 

You only need to read group test tyre reviews to see the difference  tyre brand can make.  A tyre of the same size, on the same car, on the same test track  conditions may stop metres sooner than other brands  . Why would anyone risk driving on anything but that tyre?    Because its often a compromise. A lower ranking tyre may be better in other weather conditions ,on some surfaces, and may have other advantages.   Sometimes if another organisation tests and compares the very same tyres on a different test  track  they get a different order of ranking for stopping distances.  Maybe also if they  test cars with different brands of tyre?

I am happy with the braking performance of my Jazz, both on  Yokohama Blue earth and Goodyear Vector all seasons.    . Maybe a McLaren with ceramic brakes could stop quicker, but I drive accordingly. Especially when tailgating a McLaren  ;D
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Another "Which" 1st for the Jazz.
« Last post by madasafish on Today at 11:22:56 AM »
I was told management decided the marketing department took over from the engineers at Mercedes years ago who decided the balance sheet could be improved by saving on quality control, putting pressure on suppliers leading to cheaper made, less long lasting parts, and thus the inevitable loss of a reliable image - that did their reputation a whole lot of good in the long term. For example the old w124 would drive for ever (easy 300,000 miles plus) and was dead easy to service with over engineered parts throughout, that's when the engineers were in charge. I hope the Honda engineers are still in charge!!!

That was the merger with Chrysler:   the US engineers called the shots.
Dealers & Insurance / Re: Insurance shock.
« Last post by RichardA on Today at 11:17:19 AM »
My renewal with Dial Direct (Ageas) has gone up from £169.86 to £222.19.
« Last post by ahavoja on Today at 11:06:55 AM »
When I bought my Crosstar 7 months ago, the weather was warm and every time I went into the car, there was an unpleasant new car smell in it. That time the sunshine and heat probably made the smells evaporate from the car's interior materials. My car is parked outside. I'd suggest leaving all doors open for a minute before driving, to replace the smelly air inside the car with fresh air, so you don't have to breathe the smells as much.

Now 7 months later the weather is cold, and I don't notice any smell when I go into the car.

Heat and ventilation should help clear the smell quicker. If you have a warm garage, park the car there and leave the doors (or at least a window) open.
The disadvantage of fitting yourself , apart from the problems of safely working under the car, is  things dont always go to plan. Things may not separate easily, needing heat or cutting  , a replacement part  may not fit existing pipes exactly without some 'fettling'  , a part you had expected  to retain  gets  damaged  during dismantling etc.   And find various rubber suspenders etc  perished or missing  even on sections you are not replacing.   

You could have a half completed job delayed for days waiting for extra parts  to be delivered , or buy more bits than you actually needed.   Good savings can be made DIY and although if you were  only changing a rear section it   may be relative trouble free it can be a pig of a job.

« Last post by Saycol on Today at 10:35:09 AM »
This doesn’t sound right to me. Had my Crosstar from new and never had any issues with unpleasant smells. Most new cars have that “new car smell “ which is fine and disappears after a few weeks.
Maybe get the opinion of a professional valeting company? You need to be certain that the smell can be eliminated, otherwise you will need to reject the car.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Satnav
« Last post by Saycol on Today at 10:30:34 AM »
I have updated the inbuilt Satnav once since I bought the car in 2021 but Apple Maps is so much better I now just use that instead. With virtually everyone owning a smartphone I guess car manufacturers will think of a cost saving and maybe delete inbuilt satnav.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything