Author Topic: Service Reminder  (Read 3654 times)

Vauban

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2022 Hybrid
Service Reminder
« on: February 23, 2024, 08:36:37 AM »
I have a Honda Jazz SR that is nearly 18 months old.  It has about 13,000 miles on the clock - and I drive it daily for about 20 miles on motorway and some urban driving.  The car had its first scheduled service one year in (we have the 5 year service package), and there have been no issues up to now.

Just recently, the car has been displaying the "service reminder" function every time I start the car: it's giving a 28 day countdown to a new service (with the code A - which I think is oil and filter change).

Having had its first service only 6 months ago (which includes an oil and filter service I think) it seems odd to need another oil change only six months later.  Especially since the way I use the car isn't so heavy or urban to require this.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or have advice about what I should do?  Thanks.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Service Reminder
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 09:22:07 AM »
 Welcome to the forum  :D

The car can be set to give service reminders,  or not.   If you planned  to have annual servicing  (or every 12000 miles if this comes first)  you can ask the dealer to change the setting. (I dont think you can change the setting yourself, but I may be wrong You could check the handbook)

. Mine had been set to no reminders on delivery. I have a vague memory of the dealer saying they had been advised  by Honda UK to set this as the default on all cars in the PDI due to customer complaints about too frequent service reminders .But its the  setting I  would have wanted anyway.

I wouldnt worry that the car seems to think it needs a service   more often than annually . I dont think an average of about 8000 miles a year and 20 mile daily  journeys on motorways  is considered hostile conditions  requiring more frequent oil changes.

I'd ignore it and ask the dealer to change the setting  at its next annual  service. It would probably be free as part of the service but they might make a charge if requested  as a separate task. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 09:45:50 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

JJazz

• Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 10:06:57 AM »
Salesman told me it couldn’t be reset. Mine came on after 11 months since new. He now retired so I will ask service dept at next service.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 11:40:54 AM »
Salesman told me it couldn’t be reset. Mine came on after 11 months since new. He now retired so I will ask service dept at next service.
Salesmen and service staff are different creatures, with different knowledge and corporate targets to meet. 
I think I was told verbally by the dealer about  them changing the service reminder setting, but it may have come up in a forum discussion  .  IIRC the reason given  was Honda had been getting lots of customer complaints about too frequent  service reminders .    But also at the time  5 year servicing plans were frequently  being given as a freebie by Honda finance, or available to buy,  that are designed to pay for  5  annual services  .
The cynic in me says that, if you are not covered by a  service plan , corporate nasty elements  in a  dealership might not go out of their way to help you reduce how often you pay them for servicing.       
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Advance MY24
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 12:20:11 PM »
I have a Honda Jazz SR that is nearly 18 months old.  It has about 13,000 miles on the clock - and I drive it daily for about 20 miles on motorway and some urban driving.  The car had its first scheduled service one year in (we have the 5 year service package), and there have been no issues up to now.
What are the exact details of the five year service package?
Does it specify an explicit number of services (five) or does it cover "all services" for the period of five years?

If the latter just bring the car in and have it serviced as indicated. This should be covered by your package.

Whiteshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 jazz Hybrid EX Chrystal Red
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2024, 12:29:15 PM »
5 services

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2024, 12:53:09 PM »
The maintenance reminder is a joke

I reset mine when the days to go dropped by 150 days after just one month of ownership and 300 miles

When I had my 'annual service' I got them to turn it off
Let's be careful out there !

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Advance MY24
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2024, 07:25:06 PM »
The maintenance reminder is a joke
I do not concur - either Honda have changed something with the "2024" refresh or something's amiss with your car or your driving habits just don't convene with the flexible service intervals.

I've gotten my Advance on 25/08/2023 and - (went again down to the garage)  ;D  - the maintenance reminder today says 180 days remaining, which tells me the next service is due on the 21/08/2024 which is almost exactly one year after I got the car.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 07:28:21 PM by coldstart »

ahavoja

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Crosstar 2024
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2024, 08:12:05 PM »
I'm also happy with the new 2024 Jazz service reminder, at least so far. It gave me the first reminder after 7 months or 14 000 km (9000 miles) after purchasing the car. I think it was a good time to do the service as I've been driving in freezing weather and also done many short trips, which both shorten the recommended service interval.

Tags:

anything